My images: 944
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

November 20th 2011 : Email notifications expansion

Post by Jools »

Over the next week, we will begin to send out additional email notifications. Initially there are two new email notification streams.

1) Email thanking you for an image submitted once it's been added (because it can be days, weeks months and sometimes over a year between sending me a picture and it going online). This is limited to members of the forum who have supplied images. If you've sent images which have been used and you don't see reconition of that fact to the right of our forum posts, please get in touch with me via PM.

2) Email notifying you of My Cats data which has not been touched in over a year. You will be given links to update each species in one email. If there are several species requiring update, then they will all be listed in one email.

Future plans for an email for new articles and also for updates to species you are keeping are in the pipeline and will be announced separately. These further notification types will both be optional and be selected via options in your user control panel.

Most of this work was undertaken by Mats, and it's a pretty solid piece of work too if you ask me.

Cheers,

Jools

Discussion of the feature pre-production

[Edit: Modify subject title to compensate for Jools' time-machine... ;) --Mats]

Return to “Site Announcements”