Redfin pleco from Uruguay Id

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
KGRex
Location 1: Florida
Location 2: Tampa

Redfin pleco from Uruguay Id

Post by KGRex »

Pics don't match up, attaching some files
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
KGRex
Location 1: Florida
Location 2: Tampa

Re: Redfin pleco from Uruguay Id

Post by KGRex »

image.jpg
image.jpg
Here's the adult version apparently
No info provided other than name,
lightseeker5000
My cats species list: 6 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 5 (i:0)
Location 1: Salt Lake City
Location 2: Utah, United States

Post by lightseeker5000 »

I saw that on Imperial Tropicals too, and may get some myself out of curiosity. So that's what they looked like? How do they look, now that they've settled in for a while?

BTW, they have more info on an eBay listing w/same pic. They call it 'Hypostomus Laplatae'

"You will receive captive bred Red Fin Plecostomus, around 3" or larger in size. These are a rare Pleco from Uruguay which have been captive bred in the US for the first time by us. The pics above represent a 5" young adult. Yours will not likely have such pronounced red fins yet. These will develop over time. This pleco does not have an L number."
PlecosAndLoaches
My cats species list: 89 (i:79, k:0)
My aquaria list: 9 (i:4)
Location 2: West Michigan, US

Post by PlecosAndLoaches »

These should be Hypostomus commersoni
http://www.planetcatfish.com/common/spe ... es_id=1863

I have one: acquired 2 years ago at 3.5" and now about 8.5" TL. In true Hypostomus fashion, not shy at all. Color & complexion changes depending on mood. Intensity of red color has faded a bit with age but still, when in the right mood, a striking fish.
rayoderjr
Location 1: United states
Location 2: west salem, ohio

Post by rayoderjr »

I am trying to sex my two Hypostomus commersoni red fins. They are 11 & 12 inches long. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Return to “What is my catfish?”