need help with the ID

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
Adhie Nugroho
My cats species list: 1 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Purwokerto, Central java
Location 2: Salatiga, Central Java

need help with the ID

Post by Adhie Nugroho »

hi, i'm Adhie from indonesia..
weeks ago, when i was at home, friend of mine gave me catfish that he got when he's fishing, he get it from upper river on next city of my hometown, he actually gave me 11 catfishes, but i only take one, and he said he will eat those catfishes that i didn't take, at first i tought it was nemurus, but when i check again on fishbase and pcf species list, it's not..it has slender body and yellowish-black colour on the dorsal and dirty white on it's ventral..and yet i still don' know which species of hemibagrus is this and it really look like H. Pluriradiatus to me, but from what pcf describe, spread area of pluriradiatus are not in indonesia, and then i post it on MFK, and @viktor told me to post it here as he's not sure of which hemibagrus are this..so if anyone can help me, especially for you Dr. Hoek Hee Ng, i really need your advice too..and yes, i've read your papers of revision for hemibagrus sp., and at first i tought it's nemurus too but it's not, and FYI, this is found in central java, but not in jogjakarta province or west java, where you've mapped spread area of nemurus, my location are in purwokerto, central java, and it located between areas of where you've mapped nemurus spread area..
and here this the pict, pardon me for those bad pictures, i only have one phone and these are best pictures i can get..
please help me with the ID everyone, especially from you Dr. Hoek Hee Ng @silurus

i hope you guys can help me with the ID..
and pardon me for my poor english

thank you so much

-Adhie-
^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
Adhie Nugroho
My cats species list: 1 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Purwokerto, Central java
Location 2: Salatiga, Central Java

Re: need help with the ID

Post by Adhie Nugroho »

liek this right viktor??
@Viktor Jarikov
catfishchaos
My cats species list: 35 (i:25, k:4)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:1)
My Wishlist: 1
Spotted: 14
Location 1: Halifax
Location 2: Nova scotia, Canada
Interests: Spearfishing, freediving, flyfishing, flytying, bowfishing, long boarding, archery, photography, reptiles, arachnids, catfish, cacti and succulents, exploration/travel, conservation and always acquiring more

Post by catfishchaos »

I have no idea how to ID these fish but the only thing I saw that looked similar to your fish besides nemurus would be but thats a total shot in the dark.
I can stop keeping catfish whenever I want. I just don't think I'll ever want to do that...
Viktor Jarikov
My images: 11
My cats species list: 25 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 4
Location 1: Naples, FL
Location 2: USA

Post by Viktor Jarikov »

The question is posed exceptionally well, Adhie, IMHO. Few people take the time to explain some significant details like you did and even fewer do their homework in earnest like you have done before posting a question.

Let's see what Silurus will have to say. I hope he thinks this find is interesting even to him.

(BTW the first name is spelled Heok).
Thebiggerthebetter
fish-story.com
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 884
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 419
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »

This is , which has not been previously reported from Jawa Tengah (central Java), as you can see from the distribution map for this species in my revision.
Fig. 32.jpg

Return to “What is my catfish?”