Are these both Ancistrus cf cirrhosus?

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
catfishchaos
My cats species list: 35 (i:25, k:4)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:1)
My Wishlist: 1
Spotted: 14
Location 1: Halifax
Location 2: Nova scotia, Canada
Interests: Spearfishing, freediving, flyfishing, flytying, bowfishing, long boarding, archery, photography, reptiles, arachnids, catfish, cacti and succulents, exploration/travel, conservation and always acquiring more

Are these both Ancistrus cf cirrhosus?

Post by catfishchaos »

Hello everyone!

I got a male and the store I work at just got (what I beleive to be) a regular female .

I was wondering if its been accepted that this is the same species? I wouldn’t want to breed them if they are different species.

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
0F98A2FF-A756-4EB5-9077-F47F7E8868FC.jpeg
AD28E8B6-E6CB-441E-AA81-567C0EAAF13A.jpeg
I can stop keeping catfish whenever I want. I just don't think I'll ever want to do that...
Shane
Expert
My articles: 69
My images: 161
My catfish: 75
My cats species list: 4 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:4)
Spotted: 99
Location 1: Tysons
Location 2: Virginia

Re: Are these both Ancistrus cf cirrhosus?

Post by Shane »

As far as we understand, these are the same species.
-Shane
"My journey is at an end and the tale is told. The reader who has followed so faithfully and so far, they have the right to ask, what do I bring back? It can be summed up in three words. Concentrate upon Uganda."
Winston Churchill, My African Journey
catfishchaos
My cats species list: 35 (i:25, k:4)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:1)
My Wishlist: 1
Spotted: 14
Location 1: Halifax
Location 2: Nova scotia, Canada
Interests: Spearfishing, freediving, flyfishing, flytying, bowfishing, long boarding, archery, photography, reptiles, arachnids, catfish, cacti and succulents, exploration/travel, conservation and always acquiring more

Re: Are these both Ancistrus cf cirrhosus?

Post by catfishchaos »

Thanks Shane! I ended up taking a pass on the female in the end but its good to know for future reference!
I can stop keeping catfish whenever I want. I just don't think I'll ever want to do that...

Return to “What is my catfish?”