Two new Pseudolaguvia

For the discussion of catfish systematics. Post here to draw our attention to new publications or to discuss existing works.
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 884
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 419
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Two new Pseudolaguvia

Post by Silurus »

Tamang, L & B Sinha, 2014. Two new species of the South Asian catfish genus Pseudolaguvia from northeastern India (Teleostei: Sisoridae. Zootaxa 3887: 37-54.

Abstract

Two new species of sisorid catfish, Pseudolaguvia magna and P. jiyaensis, are described from the upper Brahmaputra River basin in Arunachal Pradesh, northeastern India. Pseudolaguvia magna differs from its congeners by its much larger size (47.0 mm standard length vs. a maximum of 35.6 mm), by having a broader rhomboid thoracic adhesive apparatus, two pale-brown or cream patches on the mid-dorsal region across the dorsal midline: one rectangular to elliptic patch on the mid-interdorsal region, and another indistinct elliptic to irregular patch between the adipose and caudal-fins; and a small, round, pale-brown to cream spot on the lateral side of the head; and except for P. inornata, P. austrina, P. virgulata, and P. assula, in lacking pale to cream cross-bands on the body. Another syntopic new species, Pseudolaguvia jiyaensis, is distinguished from its congeners by having the thoracic adhesive apparatus almost reaching the pelvic-fin origin, and by having fewer vertebrae (25–27 vs. 28–34; except in P. tenebricosa and P. tuberculata). Details of the combination of characters differentiating each of the new species from its congeners are provided in the respective diagnoses.
Shovelnose
My articles: 5
My images: 116
My catfish: 4
My cats species list: 60 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 44
Location 1: Mumbai
Location 2: India

Re: Two new Pseudolaguvia

Post by Shovelnose »

A copy if possible HH.

Thanks,
Balaji

Vicar: It's about this letter you sent me regarding my insurance claim.
Devious: Oh, yeah, well, you see, it's just that we're not, as yet, totally satisfied with the grounds of your claim.
Vicar: But it says something about filling my mouth in with cement.
Devious: Oh well, that's just insurance jargon, you know.
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 941
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Re: Two new Pseudolaguvia

Post by Jools »

Me too, if possible, please - as you know these little fellows are a shared interest.

Jools

Return to “Taxonomy & Science News”