Aphanotorulus rubrocauda n. sp. Loricariidae

For the discussion of catfish systematics. Post here to draw our attention to new publications or to discuss existing works.
lfinley58
Expert
I've donated: $90.00!
My articles: 3
My images: 3
Spotted: 3
Location 1: Margate
Location 2: Florida USA
Interests: Catfishes (all), Aquarium History

Aphanotorulus rubrocauda n. sp. Loricariidae

Post by lfinley58 »

A new species of Aphanotorulus (Siluriformes: Loricariidae) from the rio Aripuanã basin, Brazil by Andreza S. Oliveira, Lúcia Rapp Py-Daniel and Cláudio H. Zawadzki.
Neotropical Ichthyology vol.15 no.1 Maringá 2017 Epub 30-Mar-2017. Ahead of print.
ABSTRACT
The cis-Andean genus Aphanotorulus was recently revised and comprises six valid species: A. ammophilus, A. emarginatus, , A. horridus, A. phrixosoma and A. unicolor. Herein, a new species is described from tributaries of the rio Aripuanã basin, in Amazonas and Mato Grosso states, Brazil. The new species is easily distinguished from congeners by its color pattern: caudal fin with upper lobe mostly hyaline with dark spots along rays and membranes, and lower lobe red and without dark spots; and absence of dark spots in the lateral series of mid-ventral plates.

http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?script= ... so&tlng=en
Horlack
My cats species list: 1 (i:1, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Location 1: France
Location 2: France

New species : Aphanotorulus rubrocauda

Post by Horlack »

Last edited by Horlack on 15 Apr 2017, 15:33, edited 1 time in total.
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 944
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Re: New species : Aphanotorulus rubrocauda

Post by Jools »

Horlack wrote: 15 Apr 2017, 10:59 A new species of Aphanotorulus (Siluriformes: Loricariidae) from the rio Aripuanã basin, Brazil
@Horlack,PLEASE could you check before posting, this new species was listed just 7 posts down and you have ALREADY posted about it. I've merged your duplicate into this. I know you are trying to help, and it is appreciated, but this just wastes time to moderate.

Cheers,

Jools

Return to “Taxonomy & Science News”