Distribution, morphological notes and conservation status of the psammophilus Microcambeva catfishes : Trichomycteridae.

For the discussion of catfish systematics. Post here to draw our attention to new publications or to discuss existing works.
lfinley58
Expert
I've donated: $90.00!
My articles: 3
My images: 3
Spotted: 3
Location 1: Margate
Location 2: Florida USA
Interests: Catfishes (all), Aquarium History

Distribution, morphological notes and conservation status of the psammophilus Microcambeva catfishes : Trichomycteridae.

Post by lfinley58 »

Distribution, morphological notes and conservation status of the psammophilus Microcambeva catfishes (Siluriformes : Trichomycteridae). 2019. LUISA M. SARMENTO-SOARES, TIAGO C. PESSALI, VINÍCIUS J. C. REIS, LUCAS S. DE MEDEIROS, SERGIO M. Q. LIMA, JULIANA P. SILVA, RONALDO F. MARTINS-PINHEIRO and MÁRIO C. C. DE PINNA. Zootaxa, Volume 4712, Number 4: 576-588.

Abstract:
Sarcoglanidinae and Glanapteryginae catfishes are among the most unusual elements of the Neotropical freshwater fish fauna. Microcambeva ribeirae, M. barbata and M. draco are miniaturized Sarcoglanidinae known to occur in sandy microhabitats in drainages of the Brazilian Atlantic Forest. Due to their specific habitats, specimens of Microcambeva are rare in fish collections, and new records are considered noteworthy to warrant report. Recently, specimens of this genus were newly found in the Rio Doce basin in Minas Gerais and Espírito Santo States. Such new records expand the known geographic distribution of Microcambeva. Further records of Microcambeva for Rio Peruípe in south Bahia State are also reported. Comments on the distribution of Microcambeva species along the Atlantic Forest coastal basins and suggestions on its conservation status are also offered.

https://www.mapress.com/j/zt/article/vi ... a.4712.4.6

Return to “Taxonomy & Science News”