New Site issues noted

A historical forum for issues reported in the suggestions and bugs forum that have been subsequently fixed or resolved.
krazyGeoff
I've donated: $110.00!
My articles: 2
My images: 12
My cats species list: 27 (i:1, k:2)
My aquaria list: 6 (i:3)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:410)
Spotted: 7
Location 1: Woodville
Location 2: New Zealand
Interests: Fish and Cats

New Site issues noted

Post by krazyGeoff »

Hi Jools,
I thought I would post here because there is more chance of you looking at this when you wake up rather than looking at your email.

I am able to spend time checking stuff out while you are asleep of course as I am in the opposite time zone, so if I can help let me know.

Today I have been to every sub page under the menu items in the grey banner on the home page, except most of the Cat-eLog - Families pages, and this is what I have noted:
Issue:
Selecting Cat-eLog - Synonyms, gives the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot use assign-op operators with overloaded objects nor string offsets in /home/webcat/planetcatfish.com/common/synonyms.php on line 108

Issue:
Species page is missing the "what it is part"
On the old site the species page used to have a line of stuff above the species data.
That stuff was like the scientific steps to get to a specific "species" (forgive my non scientific speak)
Like: Loricariidae -> Baryancistrus -> and then a drop down box with the one I had chosen from the Cat-eLog.
But I could either select from the drop down box or click on Baryancistrus which would take me to the Genus thumbnails.

The whole line of "stuff" is missing.

I have realised that you have not really started on the Forum section, Possibly because you went to bed for a well deserved rest.

So I will stop checking things out, specifically the cosmetic spanning type things, until you are ready.
I can start testing again in 23.5 hours from the time of this post (water change day tomorrow).
I can test on the following browsers on windows 7 (IE 11, Safari 5.1.7, Chrome 39)
and also Safari on iPad Air2 and iPad 2

Just let me know.

Cheers

Geoff
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 944
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Re: New Site issues noted

Post by Jools »

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the help, I spent four hours today styling the header and footer to a point where it didn't annoy me so much as I couldn't bear to work on anything else until it was better!
krazyGeoff wrote:Today I have been to every sub page under the menu items in the grey banner on the home page, except most of the Cat-eLog - Families pages, and this is what I have noted:
Issue:
Selecting Cat-eLog - Synonyms, gives the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot use assign-op operators with overloaded objects nor string offsets in /home/webcat/planetcatfish.com/common/synonyms.php on line 108
This one is now fixed although I am not 100% happy with the layout.

I will keep working through your list. Later, I will be getting it styled for tablets and phones (something that is apparently easier to do in phpBB3.1), but for now it's get everything working!

Cheers,

Jools
Jools
Expert

Post by Jools »

krazyGeoff wrote:Issue:
Species page is missing the "what it is part"
On the old site the species page used to have a line of stuff above the species data.
That stuff was like the scientific steps to get to a specific "species" (forgive my non scientific speak)
Like: Loricariidae -> Baryancistrus -> and then a drop down box with the one I had chosen from the Cat-eLog.
But I could either select from the drop down box or click on Baryancistrus which would take me to the Genus thumbnails.

The whole line of "stuff" is missing.
The technical term is breadcrumbs, they are back in and working now and I am working on the layout of the species pages.

Jools
TwoTankAmin
I've donated: $4288.00!
My cats species list: 6 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:0, p:48)
Location 1: USA
Location 2: Mt. Kisco, NY
Interests: Fish and Poker

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Jools- My screen looks poor now on the site. Text is wrapping badly in the list of recent posts and I see the following message on the main page:
Catfish & fishkeeping book reviews written by aquarists for aquarists. Includes details on where you can buy them online. Fatal error: _constants.php called outwith phpBB in /home/webcat/planetcatfish.com/common/constants/_constants.php on line 6
This red noted text above appears under : Book Reviews, Shanes World, Site Information and Catfish Study Group. It is not in Fun Stuff. Here is a screen shot of what I am seeing.
Planetcatscreenshot.jpg
I am on my PC running windows 7 home premium. I can provide any more details you need.
No one has ever become poor by giving.” Anonymous
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”" Daniel Patrick Moynihan
"The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it." Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Jools
Expert

Post by Jools »

Thanks for reporting that issue TTA, it's fixed now!

Cheers,

Jools
JamesFish
I've donated: $23.00!
Location 1: UK
Location 2: Kent
Interests: Fish, IT

Post by JamesFish »

Hi,

Sorry to hijack thread but since the site ugraded.

I cant view it on a nokia lumina 530 correctly. It squashes the page up so it tries to shrink all the coloumns down to a tiny screen. IE built in version about 2 years old. It used to give a min size to each section now it makes them very small.

The top banner is huge on fire fox 33v. / IE11.

Dont know if anyone else uses these browsers.
Jools
Expert

Post by Jools »

JamesFish wrote:I cant view it on a nokia lumina 530 correctly. It squashes the page up so it tries to shrink all the coloumns down to a tiny screen. IE built in version about 2 years old. It used to give a min size to each section now it makes them very small.

The top banner is huge on fire fox 33v. / IE11.
Hi,

I think I've got these layout issues fixed (see this thread). Can you confirm?

Jools
JamesFish
I've donated: $23.00!
Location 1: UK
Location 2: Kent
Interests: Fish, IT

Post by JamesFish »

Hi Jools,

So sorry just logged in and seen notification. Haved upgraded to a nokia 630 with a newer browser and a slightly larger screen. Its allot better so you probably id fix it. Sorry for late reply know your busy.

Using firefox v35 currently and its fine.

Return to “All Resolved Issues”