gastromyson

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
willyetoliver
I've donated: $6.00!
Location 2: France

gastromyson

Post by willyetoliver »

Bonjour, nous avons quatre gastromysons et j'ai remarqué que l'un d'entre eux depuis 2 jours était devenu difforme, gonflé (dos arrondis et les côtés devenu gros comme des bourrelets), pouvez-vous me dire si il est malade ou allons nous avoir des "petits gastromysons" ?
merci pour votre aide et vos réponses !! désolée pour la qualité des images mais ils ne sont pas facile à prendre en photos !!
Attachments
20141122_155428.jpg
20141122_154832.jpg
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 884
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 419
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Re: gastromyson

Post by Silurus »

I believe this is G. scitulus.
Atmichaels
My cats species list: 27 (i:26, k:0)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:3)
My BLogs: 3 (i:2, p:112)
Location 2: Michigan, USA

Post by Atmichaels »

Could also be g. ctenocephalus. Take a look here http://www.loaches.com/species-index/ga ... n-scitulus
Atmichaels
My cats species list: 27 (i:26, k:0)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:3)
My BLogs: 3 (i:2, p:112)
Location 2: Michigan, USA

Post by Atmichaels »

Ran the op's text through Google translator and got the following:

"Hello, we have four gastromysons and I noticed that one of them for two days had become deformed, swollen (rounded back and sides become as big as beads), can you tell me
if he is sick or going to have "small gastromysons"? thank you for your help and your responses !! sorry for the quality of the images, but they are not easy to take pictures !!"

I would try feeding shelled boiled peas, my gastros love them and it should help if it's related to an intestinal blockage.

Anyone else have any thoughts that might help?
KarthikC
Location 2: Bangalore

Post by KarthikC »

Atmichaels wrote:Ran the op's text through Google translator and got the following:

"Hello, we have four gastromysons and I noticed that one of them for two days had become deformed, swollen (rounded back and sides become as big as beads), can you tell me
if he is sick or going to have "small gastromysons"? thank you for your help and your responses !! sorry for the quality of the images, but they are not easy to take pictures !!"

I would try feeding shelled boiled peas, my gastros love them and it should help if it's related to an intestinal blockage.

Anyone else have any thoughts that might help?
Completely agree on the peas part. What's the thread starter feeding them?

Cheers,

Karthik

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Speak Easy”