HEY ALL!!!! ANY PLECO KEEPERS/BREEDERS IN INDIA?

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
lokey4
Location 1: india
Location 2: bangaluru

HEY ALL!!!! ANY PLECO KEEPERS/BREEDERS IN INDIA?

Post by lokey4 »

HELLO Everyone!,
Im very grateful to be part of such a passionate and beautiful community.... the information available here is unparalleled!
Sending much love to all fellow members and hobbyists around the world all the way from INDIA!! :d
Well to start off im a novice in the world of keeping plecos.... however i have kept and bred various BN plecos before.... i would love to take this up a notch by housing more demanding yet smaller species..... what would be the ideal next step for someone like myself?

Im also very hopeful that i may meet fellow catfish hobbyists from india and have a heading on where to procure what.... because from my experience the only pleco available here is the regular and albino BN! ANYTHING and EVERYTHING else is practically unheard off!....

Im also looking for relevant information regarding import of pleco species into INDIA.... The law states that it is very much possible but id like to know if anyone here has managed to do it? any practical experience in this area would be of great help!

CHEEEERS!!
Shovelnose
My articles: 5
My images: 116
My catfish: 4
My cats species list: 60 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 44
Location 1: Mumbai
Location 2: India

Re: HEY ALL!!!! ANY PLECO KEEPERS/BREEDERS IN INDIA?

Post by Shovelnose »

Hey lokey4,

Welcome to Planet Catfish!!!

I will not be in a position to suggest plecos for you to keep, there are many pleco experts on the board who will do the same. However, quite a few species do enter the trade in India and are available fairly frequently in Bangalore as well. Plecos including L 046,L 204,L 027, L 168, Acanthicus adonis and Hemiloricaria sp. can be procured with relative ease in Bangalore. Otocinclus and Corydoras are the other commonly imported SA catfish (Corydoras are bred in Chennai as well). Hope this helps.
Balaji

Vicar: It's about this letter you sent me regarding my insurance claim.
Devious: Oh, yeah, well, you see, it's just that we're not, as yet, totally satisfied with the grounds of your claim.
Vicar: But it says something about filling my mouth in with cement.
Devious: Oh well, that's just insurance jargon, you know.

Return to “Speak Easy”