Wanted 5ftx2ft hight dont matter tank stand

Items sought in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland.
Aquadank1
My cats species list: 1 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Location 1: Cromer
Location 2: Norfolk

Wanted 5ftx2ft hight dont matter tank stand

Post by Aquadank1 »

Would like a cabinet or tank stand 5 ft in length depth of 2ft that can be delivered ill cover all costs of fuel and asking price as mu tank currently sits on bricks and wooden bords
Bas Pels
My images: 1
My cats species list: 28 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 7
Location 1: the Netherlands
Location 2: Nijmegen the Netherlands
Interests: Central American and Uruguayan fishes

Re: Wanted 5ftx2ft hight dont matter tank stand

Post by Bas Pels »

Most cupboards are not suitable for supporting tanks. Imagine, your tank, being 150 * 60 cm footprint, will contain around 450 liters of water assuming 50 cm hight.

BUT as glass is more heavy than water, and the tank will contain, most likely sand and perhaps a few rocks - you should assume something like 600 kgs (1350 lbs) weight.

I have most of my tanks standing on concrete poles, between sheets of plywood. The largest (400 * 100 * 70 cm, that is 13 feet * 3,x feet * 2,x feet) is standing on plywood of 15 mm (0,6 inch) thick, the poles measure 45 cm - that 1.5 feet. The ground plywood is only 6 mm, or 0,25 inch

This is, I think, by far, the most reliable - and cost effective - way of putting up a tank.

Still, I don't want little visiting children crawling under them, so I put some cartboard in front of the tanks
cats have whiskers

Return to “Wanted (UK & ROI)”