Three more errors associated with BLOG edits

A historical forum for issues reported in the suggestions and bugs forum that have been subsequently fixed or resolved.
bekateen
I've donated: $40.00!
My articles: 4
My images: 130
My cats species list: 142 (i:102, k:39)
My aquaria list: 36 (i:13)
My BLogs: 44 (i:149, p:2671)
My Wishlist: 35
Spotted: 177
Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
Location 2: USA, California, Stockton

Three more errors associated with BLOG edits

Post by bekateen »

Hi Jools,

I'm sorry to tell you this right after you fixed up the BLOG pages, but I was updating my BLOG for tonight and I found a few problems - one a coding problem, one with images, and one simply a word substitution:

Coding problem:
When I click on the "Edit" button for my P. maccus BLOG, the screen looks perfectly normal on a computer screen (full size). But hiding underneath the header graphics is the following text:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/webcat/planetcatfish.com/common/includes/my_blog_edit.php on line 367: Illegal string offset 'Hatched fry image'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5304: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3909)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5304: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3909)
The error message was visible to me because I was viewing the page on my phone, which doesn't display the header graphics. I can also see the error on a computer screen if I resize the window and made it more narrow.

What is weird though, is that I tried to recreate the same error message by editing another BLOG, that of . When I clicked on the Edit button for that BLOG, NO ERROR OCCURRED. Weird, eh?

Next, the image problem:
I tried repeatedly to upload an image for my 6 month old fry, and the BLOG didn't accept the image. I made sure the image was in JPG format, and I tried several different images of different sizes; none of them were uploaded successfully.

Finally, a more error associated with display verbage:
After making the updates to my P. maccus BLOG, I read the display that appears to show my updates. I noticed under "Group size" data field, it reads that the mm values I submitted are for the "largest" animals in the breeding group, when in fact they are supposed to be the "smallest" animals in the breeding group. (see photo) Oddly, the word "largest" doesn't appear when I view the BLOG as you would view other members' BLOGs; it only appears when I view this screen showing the corrections I've made.
BLOG verbage.jpg
Cheers, Eric

Although also on the low priority scale, there persists the odd problem reported previously (Bug(s) in the BLOG outputs) that the fish ages don't display, but only show the letter "s" with no accompanying value and no surrounding text if an age has been entered. And that same thread mentions the odd point behavior in that your BLOG points can go down if you add more data. But I will let @pleconut start a thread if she pleases about how the points work, and we can bring this weird behavior in there, where it would be more applicable.

Cheers again, Eric
Find me on YouTube and Facebook: http://youtube.com/user/Bekateen1; https://www.facebook.com/Bekateen
Buying caves from https://plecocaves.com? Plecocaves sponsor Bekateen's Fishroom. Use coupon code "bekateen" (no quotes) for 15% off your order.
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 941
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Re: Three errors associated with BLOG edits

Post by Jools »

Hi Eric,

Some of that has been broken for a long time and I think the update is teasing out a few semi-dormant bugs. Which is good and I appreciate you taking the time to explain what is happening because I fixed it (I think) in under an hour. Often with these things it's recreating the issue that takes the time and that is greatly shortened by a decent write-up. I will do a bit more testing on it now.

Cheers,

Jools
bekateen

Re: Three more errors associated with BLOG edits

Post by bekateen »

I didn't check anything else, but the image upload worked ! Thanks Jools.

:-) Eric
Find me on YouTube and Facebook: http://youtube.com/user/Bekateen1; https://www.facebook.com/Bekateen
Buying caves from https://plecocaves.com? Plecocaves sponsor Bekateen's Fishroom. Use coupon code "bekateen" (no quotes) for 15% off your order.
Jools
Expert

Post by Jools »

Thanks Eric, I should say that particular issue was broken by the work I was doing. I am now working on the confirmation of changes made page/email. I will look at your other comments too now.

Cheers,

Jools
bekateen

Post by bekateen »

No rush. :-)
MarcW
I've donated: $148.00!
My images: 4
My cats species list: 46 (i:9, k:19)
My aquaria list: 5 (i:3)
My BLogs: 12 (i:16, p:575)
My Wishlist: 55
Spotted: 42
Location 1: Hampshire
Location 2: UK

Post by MarcW »

I hope this is the right place to post, I just received this error when trying to add a new picture to a breeding log.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'fileupload' not found in /home/webcat/planetcatfish.com/common/includes/my_blog_validate.php:38 Stack trace: #0 /home/webcat/planetcatfish.com/common/my_blog.php(238): require_once() #1 /home/webcat/planetcatfish.com/common/my_blog.php(101): arn_myblog_guts('992', 210, 0, 0, 'validate', 'MarcW') #2 {main} thrown in /home/webcat/planetcatfish.com/common/includes/my_blog_validate.php on line 38
Jools
Expert

Post by Jools »

Yes, sorry, the image upload function remain broken - I am working on it - but it's a nasty bit of code to fix. I hope to have us up and running this week. Apologies for the hassle meantime.

Cheers,

Jools
MarcW

Post by MarcW »

No problem, thanks Jools.
Jools
Expert

Post by Jools »

The image uploading should now be 100% working and you can also upload bigger files and in PNG format now too.

Jools
MarcW

Post by MarcW »

Thanks Jools, it was working fine when I uploaded a couple pictures to a breeding log a few days ago.
Jools
Expert

Post by Jools »

I'll move this to resolved now then.

Cheers,

Jools

Return to “All Resolved Issues”