Wish List

A historical forum for issues reported in the suggestions and bugs forum that have been subsequently fixed or resolved.
technogeek
My cats species list: 9 (i:4, k:0)
My aquaria list: 7 (i:1)
Location 2: Chicago, IL

Wish List

Post by technogeek »

There are several times where I am browsing and find catfish that I find to be very interesting and would like to "bookmark" for future consideration. It would be nice to have a feature where you could add catfish species to your wish list for future purchases and tank setups. I suppose I could manage this locally in my browser bookmarks. But it would be neat to see a list of them within the website in a combined location with thumbnails and short descriptions.

Thoughts?
Birger
Expert
My articles: 10
My images: 112
My cats species list: 49 (i:43, k:0)
Spotted: 35
Location 1: Edmonton,Alberta
Location 2: Canada

Re: Wish List

Post by Birger »

The MyCats feature can be used for such a thing but this does give a overall false picture of who has what catfish. Jools is the one to talk to about this and he is off on holiday...a little patience for a couple weeks.

Birger
Birger
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 941
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

It has always been my intention to add a wish list feature (and a spotters feature, that allows you to record what you've seen if not bought) and indeed I've been asked about the wish list again today.

Sadly, spare time is, for now, at it's least available for as long as I can remember. But I do track this stuff - it will get done at some point!

Cheers,

Jools
Catscatfish
My cats species list: 2 (i:1, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Location 1: U.S.
Location 2: Utah

Post by Catscatfish »

Super sweet awesome sauce! :)
Mistyotis
My cats species list: 40 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:0)
My Wishlist: 10
Location 1: Ceres
Location 2: Califorina
Interests: family and pets.

Post by Mistyotis »

Hi, I'm new here. I have just a few small tanks and hoping to upgrade, but in the mean time I've been collecting some Plecos and Syn. I started adding cats to my cats thinking it was the way to save them for later. So I'm really hoping to see a way to save the ones I'm interested in and keep the ones I am currently trying to breed separate
bekateen
I've donated: $40.00!
My articles: 4
My images: 130
My cats species list: 142 (i:102, k:39)
My aquaria list: 36 (i:13)
My BLogs: 44 (i:149, p:2671)
My Wishlist: 35
Spotted: 177
Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
Location 2: USA, California, Stockton

Post by bekateen »

New wishlist works great, Jools! Thank you.

I know you're not finished yet, so perhaps I'm getting ahead of you. But thinking about where this is visible, and also where people can find our BLogs, our My Cats, and our My Aquaria lists, I have a question:

Would it be possible (without being difficult) to add the lists above {My Cats, My Aquaria, and all the various things that are currently freely displayed alongside everyone's forum posts (Figure 1 left; IF they permit such in their profile settings)} to the actual profile pages of members? I ask because on my mobile devices, all of these "My XXXX" lists get omitted from forum posts so that I can't check that out (Figure 1 right).
Figure 1
Figure 1
And yet, when I look directly at a person's profile, none of that information is listed (Figure 2), meaning the info becomes inaccessible on my mobile devices (I don't know if other people see the same as I, so maybe this is not a universal dilemma).
Figure 2
Figure 2
So here's what I'm thinking - I've prepared 3 images (Fig 3-5) showing possible alternative ways of displaying these things on a person's profile page. The oddly placed columns on the right of each photo are positioned vertically so that they are in columnar alignment with the "User statistics" column in the lower panel, and some of them are positioned horizontally to align with the corresponding "Show/Hide" traits to their left. Two statistics, My Articles and My Images, don't have correspondence to the "Show/Hide" options to the left, so I struggled with where best to place them.
Figure 3
Figure 3
Figure 4
Figure 4
Figure 5 (my favorite of the three)
Figure 5 (my favorite of the three)
Thanks for the consideration, and again, very nice wishlist.

Cheers, Eric

P.S., Thinking out loud... Do you eventually plan to add the Wishlists to the CLOG page of each species, just as you show the List of Keepers and List of Breeders? I think that would be an informative and neat addition to the CLOG pages, so that people could not merely pick what they wish for, but they could also see how many other people wish for the same fish. Thanks :-) Eric

P.P.S., I took the liberty of adding a SHOW/HIDE option for wishlists, since they are like other profile items in terms of their display. So if people have the option to show/hide their My Cats and their My Aquaria, etc., I presumed that you would eventually add that to their profile settings page too, allowing them to show/hide their My Wishlist. Again, just another idea. Cheers, Eric
Find me on YouTube and Facebook: http://youtube.com/user/Bekateen1; https://www.facebook.com/Bekateen
Buying caves from https://plecocaves.com? Plecocaves sponsor Bekateen's Fishroom. Use coupon code "bekateen" (no quotes) for 15% off your order.
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 941
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

I think, he said with no little contentment, this has been delivered!

Jools

Return to “All Resolved Issues”