My 30gal cory tank

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
corywink
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Location 1: Canada
Location 2: Toronto, Canada
Interests: corydoras!

My 30gal cory tank

Post by corywink »

Hi,
Just want to share some pics of my 30gal mixed cory tank. I've had community tanks in the past but enjoyed the corys the most, so I decided to set up a tank just for them :D Residents are:
2 bronze
9 pandas
4 metae
4 melini
16 pygmeaus
12 sterbai
7 duplicareus
6 habrosus
6 schwartzi
3 elegans
2 whitefin
6 trilineatus
tank:
group:
My favorite:
Female sterbai that has been breeding every week!:
and the pair of rams that decided to spawn on an anubias leaf:
hellocatfish
I've donated: $10.00!
My cats species list: 5 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Mid-Atlantic Region, USA

Post by hellocatfish »

Oh I am so glad you shared these pictures! I have a 29 US gallon tank. All I have are Danios and Cories. I'm taking some criticism from some of my family for not having some bigger showier fish. I was going to have a cichlid in it but could not find any I thought I could take proper care of and who would get along with my existing fish well. I mean, my cories and Danios are used to having run of the tank and it would be sad to see them being run out of whatever territory a cichlid would stake out.

So I just love seeing photos of how beautiful and elegant (and exciting) an all-cory tank can be. And that surely describes yours!

Oh hey, I see you DO have Rams in there! Cool, they all get along, then? I haven't seen any good-looking Rams at the LFS in awhile. I mean, I saw one tankful but there was a dead one in there with them and another in the process of dying. Oops!
Tanks: SeaClear Acrylic 40 US gallons, Eheim Ecco 2236, Eheim Classic 2215, Fine gravel & EcoComplete: 3 Albino Aeneus, 4 Green Aeneus (NOT Brochis) 6 Peppers, 3 Sterba, 1 Elegans, 10 Danios, 3 panda cories, 1 cichlid.

5 gal betta tank: 1 male betta

50 gallon SeaClear Eheim 2213, Eheim 2215, fine gravel: 3 baby goldfish (2 Moors, 1 Oranda in QT)
fzthomas
Location 1: Belgium

Post by fzthomas »

very very very nice tank you got there! a true 10/10!

i'm a big cory fan aswell and i got the idea to make a cory tank alrdy some time in my head. in a few months i should have the place to settle another aquarium... (to be continued ;-)

great tank - have fun with it!
M@RS
Location 1: Jeffreys Bay, South Africa
Interests: Catfish & Computers

Post by M@RS »

That is stunning!

Congrats on setting up such a wonderful aquarium 8)

What kind of filtration do you use for it?
Life is a journey - Where are you going?

Return to “Tank Talk”