New catfish tank

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
Krawallo
My cats species list: 5 (i:1, k:0)
My aquaria list: 2 (i:2)
Location 2: Germany, Cologne

Re: New catfish tank

Post by Krawallo »

noted in addition,

I have observed that the Sturisoma only eat the inside of a zucchini and the L270 only eat the dish. Red and green peppers eat (Paprika) "only" the Strurisoma. Cucumber nobody touches.
is normaly?

Greetings Ralf
Krawallo

Post by Krawallo »

Good evening,

Today, day no. 2, the scrim is complete, the father does a good job. Tomorrow I make macro photos of the eggs, more than 2:1. I think tomorrow the changes to the eggs are visible.
Sturisoma-2-1.jpg
Greetings Ralf
Krawallo

Halftime :-)

Post by Krawallo »

Halftime
The contexture has now become three and a half days old, at first glance, little has changed.
Sturisoma-3-2-2.jpg
If you look closer, you can see the embryos accurately, indeed even the first Pigments.
Sturisoma-3-1-1.jpg
This is the powerhouse that holds the Father day and night on the eggs fixed.
Sturisoma-3-2-1.jpg
Greetings Ralf
2wheelsx2
I've donated: $20.00!
My cats species list: 71 (i:3, k:0)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:3)
Location 1: Burnaby, BC, Canada
Location 2: BC, Canada
Interests: motorcycles, tropical fish, car detailing

Post by 2wheelsx2 »

Those are some great photos. And a great journal documenting the development of the eggs. Thanks for continuing.
Melander
I've donated: $10.00!
My images: 9
My cats species list: 18 (i:7, k:0)
My aquaria list: 12 (i:5)
My BLogs: 6 (i:1, p:160)
Spotted: 2
Location 1: Wicklow
Location 2: Ireland

Post by Melander »

Wow, great photographs again!

What camera and equipment do you use?

Melander
Krawallo

Day four part one

Post by Krawallo »

Evenin,

times a current shot, with Sturi-father to the front glass. In the background, among the large-leaf Echinodorus, just spawn the Maroni ... next site ... LOL
Sturisoma-4-1-1.jpg
The Sturisoma eggs stand this evening. The larvae develop rapidly. In the long shot, they are already visible.
Sturisoma-4-1-2.jpg
Section of the scrim. with manual Novoflex bellows and 60mm Micro. Thank´s God, my Micro is still a Manual. When looking through the viewfinder, you can clearly see the heartbeat and all larvae are hyperactive.
Sturisoma-4-1-3.jpg
continue to be

Greetings Ralf
Krawallo

Day four part two

Post by Krawallo »

A 1:1 pixel detail extract from the previous frame. The eyes develop, head up, tail comes around the bottom (previous picture). The heart may also be seen.
Sturisoma-4-1-4.jpg
Have some short HD video from your clutches, where one can see the heartbeat. Once I have webspace I'll link.
Sturisoma-4-1-5.jpg
The second site, in this aquarium: spawning Maroniis who still practice, they have spawned a couple of times, but the eggs were not later than the second day white. Belongs not to go there, but that's happening in my catfish tank :-)

to be continue

Ralf
Krawallo

Day five

Post by Krawallo »

Hi all

The larvae develop rapidly. The pigmentation is proceeding furiously and the eyes that were yesterday's white are now black already.
Sturisoma-5-1.jpg
The 1-1 Section clearly shows the growing tail. The green algae are seemingly growing on the disk along the adhesive surface of the egg.
Sturisoma-5-1-2.jpg
PS I have the pictures, the lighting changed something and btw. All images are sharpened only slightly and not processed.

continue to be

Greetings Ralf
Krawallo

Post by Krawallo »

Hi all,

sorry, am a bit late with the Sturis, but more of that later.

Now day is six, but the boys and girls still make no attempt to slip. 'm Assuming that it will happen tomorrow. At a water temperature of 24.16 ° C max and 23, 81 ° C min, it will probably take a day longer. Hopefully I'm early enough to get home from work.
The photos taken at the same time as the next day also. The larval development is moving ... what to make of nature, capable of madness. Have quite often .... teary-eyed when I look through the viewfinder of the camera and can experience the resulting life so close. Sentimental Mode "off"
The images themselves comment
Sturisoma-6-1-1.jpg
Sturisoma-6-1-2.jpg
"Aquarium 5 and 6 on"
Yes and that is the reason for the delay in reporting.
Sterbai-1-1.jpg
Sorry for the bad quality, but at f/2.8 and a five-tenths of a second free-hand, about the time nothing more. Only have two tripods and which are in use at the Sturisoma.

This is the Corydoras sterbai breeding aquarium. Have it to give, (posting) determined to keep it running before, filling with 100% Aquarium water. tomorrow it goes on, more plants and wood. Next weekend I get 10 C. sterbai fat from a friendly aquarist, 8 females 2 males. I myself have 4 males and 2 females in the same size ...… which is violently :-)
For this breeding attempt, I'll open a new thread if you like.
"Aquarium of 5 and 6 off"

Greetings Ralf
Krawallo

Post by Krawallo »

Evenin,

sorry, that late, a breeding tank was installed in the aquarium, which has taken longer. Size 30x20x20cm. It has an adjustable inlet of an additional pump (left) and the water flows through an Artemia sieve out (right) in the side wall again. Plenty of wood, willow roots _ waterweed are already inside. The idea is the father to put into breeding pools, plenty of feed until he crapped in the pool literally full.
Aufzucht-1-1.jpg
Day Seven:
It is getting close to the shell, the small breathing quite "normal" and the pectoral fins are getting bigger.
Sturisoma-7-1.jpg
Sturisoma-7.jpg
Somehow reminds me of the image to a blowfish.
Two eggs were just empty .... Hmmmm ok, so be it. Slip activity is not always visible.

continue to be

PS. The Red top right in the corner of the first image, the arm of my wife, is the holder of the slave flash ...... Hmmmm the word slave flash gets so quite a different meaning :-)

Greetings Ralf
Krawallo

day eight

Post by Krawallo »

Hi all,

Today on day eight, three have hatched. Two, I can see No. 1 you can see in the photo. Probably at night or early shift to collect the kids.
Sturisoma-8-1-3.jpg
That will probably be the last photo of the scrim.
Sturisoma-8-1-1.jpg
Another cutout from an egg in the "top view"
Sturisoma-8-1-2.jpg
Until morning guys, I'm guarding fishes :-)

Greetings Ralf
Krawallo

Day nine Part 1

Post by Krawallo »

Hello,

This morning on the day Nine point eight o 'clock, all remaining eggs were moved to the breeding pool. During the night some 10 pieces were hatched, some discovered my wife was still on the morning _ pipetted. When inserted into the breeding pool, most are already hatched, so it was five to twelve. Now the little tadpoles just so chill on their big bellies around, keep themselves firmly with her ​​little sucker. Looks funny. Three of them are still closed, leaving them time until tomorrow. Until now three slip have failed because they were stuck on the day in the fetal membranes of the other hatched. Some I was able to free with the aid of two kebab sticks. But only after work. This work is usually the father.
Tomorrow, or the day after Mom or Dad goes into the tank ... the shit :-).
Here's a group of kids from the top.
Sturisoma-9-1.jpg
Horizontal shots can rapidly after the quality, glass-water-Plexiglas with 5 ° angle, which is not good, especially in the macro range.

Sturisoma-9-2.jpg
A turtle with a long tail to the disk.
Sturisoma-9-4.jpg
Greetings Ralf
Krawallo

Day nine Part 2

Post by Krawallo »

Hello again,

I would like to not be deprived. Yesterday, day eight, just before lights out, 10% LED, resulted in this situation .... more not very sharp, but only Geil.
The labeling is not perfect, but the cutout is amazing.
Sturisoma-8-N.1-2.jpg
Father and son .... or daughter. The meaning of life!
Sturisoma-8-N.jpg
to be continue

Greetings Ralf
Krawallo

Day 10-1

Post by Krawallo »

Hi all,

equal to the beginning of the last three eggs, I have removed today morning 2 empty shells. , the dead third, which is small not have got out of the sheath, only the tail was out. Have 56 small numbered and maybe even some live in the tank.

Times change for the mother of the nation Sturi.
Look at the pros, it's St. Aureum or St. Panamese? Length without flag TL 16cm, 6.29 ". St. aureum for me is the belly, the bottom too bright
Sturisoma-10-1.jpg
When looking into the breeding box you immediately recognize, this is the right baby is much bigger (longer) and thinner than the left. The belly is also darker. 24 hours make a big difference. But still they live from the yolk sac. I think in 2 days begin to feed. Let's see.
Sturisoma-10-2-1.jpg
From the side they look very (almost) like their parents. :d
Sturisoma-10-3-1.jpg
On breeding box today I still einwenig optimized hardware. The 300l Eheim now supplies a 12'er (1/2 ") T piece the small pelvis and the leaving straight ahead I can fix a valve. Way I can control the throughput in small and possibly even flush properly.

Greetings Ralf
Durlänger
Location 1: near Biel/Bienne
Location 2: helvetia

Re: Day 10-1

Post by Durlänger »

Krawallo wrote:Hi all,

Times change for the mother of the nation Sturi.
Look at the pros, it's St. Aureum or St. Panamese? Length without flag TL 16cm, 6.29 ". St. aureum for me is the belly, the bottom too bright

Greetings Ralf
Or Sturisoma festivum, what I rather think. Open a new thread in the ID-Section with some good pics to really start a identification.

Greetings Durlänger
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 942
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

I'd suggest it's , it doesn't have the fin extensions for and that species hasn't been imported for decades.

Jools
Krawallo

Day 11 / 2-3

Post by Krawallo »

Hi

The small ones are probably on and chill out in front of him. Their length is between 13 and 16mm.
Sturisoma-11-1.jpg
Some of the yolk sac seems to go to tend, but I can detect no activity toward hungry and food. Think it starts tonight. Have a mix of different dry foods is mixed in, too mushy Scalded lettuce and spinach is. A dry as I use ELOS and Tetra Spirulina. We'll see tonight will feed for the night. 'm So filters on a 500 l rearing tank. :-) and where today there was a 30 minute, constantly changing the water.

Greetings Ralf
Krawallo

Day Six (after hatching)

Post by Krawallo »

Hi all,

Sorry that did not fix the day was late home from work. The small developing well, but I do not see them eat really. Admit that boasts a variety of food types and shapes ..... wait times.
Write (with my wife) a diary with all the details, which we then publish at the appropriate time.
Sturisoma-t6-1.jpg
The kids see their parents more similar.

Greetings Ralf
Krawallo

Day Seven (after hatching)

Post by Krawallo »

Hi all,

is not happening much ..... with the food I'm still not sure. Have some old, algae-prone Echinodorus leaves hanging in the aquarium and these are well attended. I almost think the little filter in the beginning. Every time I give to the food mix dissolved into the BT, then all are active ..... hmmmm. Tomorrow I will hang a bottle (like a bottle of Artemia) with food mix over the aquarium and, dripping one drop per minute.
Sturisoma-t7-1-1.jpg
Some have changed color and are clear in color and more like their parents.
Sturisoma-t7-2-1.jpg
Greetings Ralf

PS. The slices are pretty dirty, the image quality suffers a little below x(

PS 2. And please excuse my ..... englsich not so good, but I want to share my findings with you to make our hobby.
Melander
I've donated: $10.00!
My images: 9
My cats species list: 18 (i:7, k:0)
My aquaria list: 12 (i:5)
My BLogs: 6 (i:1, p:160)
Spotted: 2
Location 1: Wicklow
Location 2: Ireland

Post by Melander »

They are growing like crazy, maybe its normal and I'm just not used to seeing it like this.

I have never seen a fry raising box like that one either, very clever.

Keep up the good work!

Melander
Krawallo

Post by Krawallo »

2wheelsx2
I've donated: $20.00!
My cats species list: 71 (i:3, k:0)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:3)
Location 1: Burnaby, BC, Canada
Location 2: BC, Canada
Interests: motorcycles, tropical fish, car detailing

Post by 2wheelsx2 »

Don't worry about the English or some of the not perfect photos. I, for one, love the frequent updates and day by day explanation and closeups of what's going on! Keep it coming.
Krawallo

Day 10 (after hatching)

Post by Krawallo »

Hi all,

the little ones grow more or less well, they are now between 15 and 20mm. The older ones are all already bright brown. During clean the large aquarium so with online water filter cleaning and changing of around 30 minutes, I find it in the filter cartridge of the Eheim 2048 (powerhouse behind the rear wall), one of the little that had slipped unnoticed. He is now with are siblings. :-)
After we were done with all the aquarium so I can see this guy,
Sturisoma-t10-1.jpg
on the large Echinodorus, left rear, wide awake. :-) :-) After the photo, he was gone.
Sturisoma-t10-2-1.jpg
We have just found him again, as he sits on the tube that the breeding tank supplied with the 'captive' siblings, with water.

Greetings Ralf

PS. The slices are pretty dirty, the image quality suffers more and more.
Krawallo

Day 12 (after hatching)

Post by Krawallo »

Hi all,

Pictures today there is not new, but the little (big) it well. Unfortunately, no one was in a position that I would have him (it) with the camera can achieve.
Parents too often cavort together at the front window and clean. The female is again remarkably thick and the papilla is extended ..... My wife just gets a crash course in aquarium photography because it is tomorrow morning at home. We assume that they spawn in the morning. If all goes well, there are pictures of the spawning

Greetings Ralf
Krawallo

It looks very suspicious

Post by Krawallo »

Ok, yet another photo.

There goes another thing, hopefully not happen overnight.
Sturi-2-1.jpg
The light is still half an hour on, looks like a night shift…...
Keep you up to date.

Greetings Ralf
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 942
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

The picture above this post is one of best I've ever seen of breeding; you get a real sense of how the mechanics of it work. Good luck with the night shift.

Cheers,

Jools
Krawallo

Post by Krawallo »

The first eggs
Sturi-2-1-1.jpg
here once the first image from last night.
'll Stick a little bit back and write a complete report and breeding here in the corresponding tread post as a whole.
Then want that any of you checked the script to fail. Would be cool if someone here I can send you the script!
Please help me.
Of course I'll continue to report on the "little ones".
This morning there were three dead, unfortunately, but they were in comparison to the other much smaller. My guess is the small filter always ..... Serious.
When I think about what the little Sturisoma do in nature? Hard suck on a sunrays, wood, stone and wait ..... ? Once I the food mix into the breeding tank to catch all the "ask where they are" eating

Greetings Ralf
Krawallo

Day 15

Post by Krawallo »

Back to the already hatched.

Today, on day 15, I can report that since the First Day 9 Small died. All were significantly smaller than their siblings, and still very dark, similar to the image "of the first" all others look like their parents. The food offered is well accepted, I must suck more daily droppings as food remains. The largest are, well 22mm long and the body increases in volume. We have a week ago, where some Ramshorn snails into the breeding tank, the clear well at the uneaten food. Tomorrow will try the plastic basin to clean, then there are the photos of the little ones. The next breeding tank will be made ​​of glass and ordered here. http://www.aquarienbastelei.de

Greetings Ralf
Krawallo

unfortunately over for now :-(

Post by Krawallo »

Evenin,

yesterday on day 18 began the mass deaths. No idea why. All measurable values ​​and in the open water and the optimal range, have the fat Dupla measuring case, since nothing remains open.
Sunday, I was so confident, because the kids have super risen well over the last week. Are less than 20 over.
Well, the second brood hatches tomorrow ... it goes on.

Greetings Ralf
Krawallo

Post by Krawallo »

Hi all,

currently living on the fry wire tension over a maximum of five, in another aquarium in the kitchen, this is very much overgrown with algae.
Today I saw two, and they are well fed and the manure, which was to see is longer than the little fish. So they find enough to eat in this tank.

The new breed is published 4 days in Breeding tank and fed since yesterday, sweet with ELOS, spirulina and paprika. Acitvate the container is full with old lettuce, spinach, zucchini and algae.
I hope the second attempt works better.

Greetings Ralf

Return to “Tank Talk”