NutraSoil Warning - Aquagrow product by TMC

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
JamesFish
I've donated: $23.00!
Location 1: UK
Location 2: Kent
Interests: Fish, IT

NutraSoil Warning - Aquagrow product by TMC

Post by JamesFish »

Hi All,

This is not suitable to be added to an established Aquarium and it doesn't warn you on the outside of the box about this. In fact its not even in the instructions sheet as a step its in the please note addition. Bit of an after thought and a rather major one.

It spikes the ammonia levels in the tank for the first 2 weeks. Do NOT add any live stock till ammonia levels have returned to 0.

Rather cross as at £25 per box its not cheap and nearly added it to my main tank. The bag was buried half way down that contained the warning.

P.S this stuff stinks to high heaven when used. I washed it in an attempt to clear it out for the tank it didn't work.
Attachments
English box section
English box section
leaflet inside
leaflet inside
JamesFish
I've donated: $23.00!
Location 1: UK
Location 2: Kent
Interests: Fish, IT

Re: NutraSoil Warning - Aquagrow product by TMC

Post by JamesFish »

This isn't to say its a terrible product just that I wont find out for over 2 weeks till I can add a fish to the small tank I'm trying it out in.

Angry about the fact it doesn't warn you on the box as it could have easily wiped out my tank fast.
.Plecomania.
My cats species list: 2 (i:2, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:1)
Location 2: New Jersey USA

Re: NutraSoil Warning - Aquagrow product by TMC

Post by .Plecomania. »

i hope you do not lose any fish!

this product sounds like ADA Amazonia aquasoil or w/e it's called. i used it before and had to cycle the tank for a month. it continues to release ammonia to help a new tank cycle. definitely not suitable for fish or other livestock right away.

Return to “Tank Talk”