Questions questions unrelated!

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
Juiceyfish
My cats species list: 24 (i:0, k:0)
Location 2: Charlottetown

Questions questions unrelated!

Post by Juiceyfish »

I have a tank full of bottom feeders and fish ... For plecos I have L178 gold nugget L066 king tiger l031 , bristlenose x2 and three packed angel fish etc anyways I always wanted to put a land snail in my tank for the loaches is this possible? What are pros ad cons? Will the loaches even eat them ? Will they harm my fish and plecos? Too big for loaches? Nobody can answer my qestion else where so I'm asking the pros!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Birger
Expert
My articles: 10
My images: 112
My cats species list: 49 (i:43, k:0)
Spotted: 35
Location 1: Edmonton,Alberta
Location 2: Canada

Re: Questions questions unrelated!

Post by Birger »

To start , what kind of land snail?
Live or dead?
you could try some small pieces and go from there.
Polluting the water with too much could be a problem as I would think it would go bad fairly quickly...
Also where have the snails come from, they may have picked up chemicals like lawn fertilizers etc.
Birger
Birger
Juiceyfish
My cats species list: 24 (i:0, k:0)
Location 2: Charlottetown

Post by Juiceyfish »

We'll I was thinking alive and our snails are not huge but about a 1 inch shell roughly and u usually find them in fields after a heavy dew but chemicals are atill possible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
zeebo
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Location 2: CT, USA

Post by zeebo »

clown loaches will clean your tank of every snail and some plecs will to , depends on the plec #-the meat eaters . It probably is not a good idea to mix L's and clowns loaches (if that is the kind you are thinking of getting) the clowns have blades by their eyes and when food gets dropped in , they use them and can injure the plec. Clowns get pretty big and NEED to be in a group of 5 or more to be happy . They are a very social fish with their own kind, and lots of hidey places--many wiil squish themselves in the same cave or pipe , it's just their way. Just me thinking out loud.. Georgie

Return to “Tank Talk”