Filter material Eheim 2080 (incl. using a pre-filter)

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
BazzNL
My cats species list: 13 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 1 (i:0, p:7)
Location 2: The Netherlands

Filter material Eheim 2080 (incl. using a pre-filter)

Post by BazzNL »

I bought a second hand Eheim 2080 as a second filter for my catfish tank. Normally I fill my Eheim’s with the filter material provided with them. But this one comes without most of the filter materials. What I did with my other filters for catfish tanks is adding a pre-filter unit filled with a piece of blue filter sponge (not completely since it will block the flow too much) which I clean every week. I do this to prevent the actual filter from becoming saturated too fast. I plan to do exactly the same thing with the 2080.

My question: what is your advice for filling the three baskets in the filter (bottom to top)? Should I go for the black plastic tubes Eheim provides for the bottom trays? Or should I go for the ceramic pipes straight away? Etc. etc.

Looking forward to your suggestions!

Bas

Return to “Tank Talk”