l134 leapard frogs

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
blazinabi
My cats species list: 5 (i:0, k:0)
Location 2: suffolk uk

l134 leapard frogs

Post by blazinabi »

hello can you please help i have a 4ft tank with with 2 l134 in and 4 bristlenoses can i keep king tiger pleco in the same tank or is there to many pleco in there, and if so would they eat the baby bristlenoses, or shall i put the king tigger pleco in my other tank which is 2 1/2 ft with just 4 bristlenoses, thanks for help :d
Matt30
I've donated: $50.00!
My cats species list: 9 (i:9, k:0)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:3)
My BLogs: 3 (i:8, p:100)
Location 2: England. Surrey ,Caterham

Re: l134 leapard frogs

Post by Matt30 »

Hi mate

I think you should put him in your 4ft tank just for the extra room if I had to choose one.

I think my main concern would be keeping the bristlenose with either of these fish though as both require a more of a protein diet rather then a mainly vegetable diet required by the bristlenose also the Frogs and Tiggers like higher temperatures.

whatever tank you put him in I would move all the tank furniture about, caves, decorations, wood etc just before you put him in as your fish you currently have in situ would have already established territory's within the tank, it just helps a bit with fighting.
"Justice is coming to all of us no matter what we do"-WATCHMEN
blazinabi

Post by blazinabi »

Thanks for you help haven't got the tigger plecs yet just got chance in having them, and they look really nice, the temp is 25 in the 4ft tank, just wondering really as don't want to over fill and am looking into having a few more l134 in there when can afford it thanks
Matt30
I've donated: $50.00!
My cats species list: 9 (i:9, k:0)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:3)
My BLogs: 3 (i:8, p:100)
Location 2: England. Surrey ,Caterham

Post by Matt30 »

You could just keep both tanks as species only tanks then the water parameters would be better for both the Frogs and the Bristlenose, a temperature of (25) is to cold for L134's in my opinion, I'm sure they would probably survive but I doubt they would be happy.

If you did split the Bristlenose and Frogs up and want to add some more fish to join your L134 instead of the King Tigger how about some Corydoras Sterbai, they don't mind Frog temperatures and they won't fight for caves or territories, I'm all about damage limitation, you have quite a few options re tank mates etc, I'm sure others will chime in.
"Justice is coming to all of us no matter what we do"-WATCHMEN
apistomaster
I've donated: $90.00!
My articles: 1
My cats species list: 12 (i:0, k:0)
My Wishlist: 1
Location 1: Clarkston, WA, USA
Location 2: Clarkston, WA, USA
Interests: Aquaculture and flyfishing

Post by apistomaster »

Common BN will thrive at the same temperatures as Peckoltia compta.
I've bred and raised 1000's of the former and almost 1000 of the latter.
All my fish were kept between 84/86*F(~29*C).
Please note: I had to close out my fish room due to failing health and I have no fish for sale.
Here is one example of what an albino pair of BN produced in a single spawn at ~29*C.
Avid Trout fly fisherman. ·´¯`·...¸><)))º>
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 944
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

That's fair comment for tank raised commons, those same temps however will usually kill some wild caughts depending on origin. As the OP is in the UK, then there is a good chance that wild caught, southern, common bristlenoses may be encountered for sale.

Jools
blazinabi

Post by blazinabi »

Hi thanks all, will up the temp as don't want the leapared frogs to be unhappy there is lots of caves for them all, will just keep them in the 4ft tank,would king tigers get on with Bristlenoses as only have Bristlenoses in another tank as could up temp abit would love to have them but won't if not going to get on and be happy, thanks

Return to “Tank Talk”