Rack filtration help

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
Ivo Katrafilov
Location 2: Bulgaria

Rack filtration help

Post by Ivo Katrafilov »

Hello and happy new year ,

I'm going to setup three new racks for loricarids and shrimps. I still can't decide obout the filtration system. I want independent filtration in every tank because I often change the species and don't want to be limited by an overall filtration. Every tank have in and out piping for quick water change. Depending on the current species, the tanks will be used full or separate by foam (for the shrimps), or egg crates(for catfishes). Shrimps will have inside sumps. But I still can't find effective inside sump construction which can remove fish wastes in divided tank. So every suggestion will be helpful.
Narwhal72
I've donated: $100.00!
My cats species list: 100 (i:0, k:4)
My BLogs: 29 (i:0, p:400)
Spotted: 32
Location 1: USA
Location 2: Milwaukee, WI
Interests: Whiptails, hoplo cats, corys, plecos

Re: Rack filtration help

Post by Narwhal72 »

I would suggest researching Mattenfilters. These are excellent filters for shrimp and catfish aquariums. I use a number of them on tanks in my fish room.
Ivo Katrafilov
Location 2: Bulgaria

Post by Ivo Katrafilov »

Thanks,

I was use HMF before, but catfishes produce a lot of wastes and the filtration going clogged very fast. And cleaning of 12+ HMF is not a time savior i'm looking for.
Forester
My cats species list: 5 (i:1, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
My BLogs: 1 (i:0, p:13)
My Wishlist: 1
Spotted: 1
Location 1: Silver Spring, MD
Location 2: United States

Post by Forester »

I'd just go with aquaclear's on the heavily stocked tanks and sponges in the others, and keep up withe water changes. That's what I do and it works great.

Lucas

Return to “Tank Talk”