White spot

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
Romb0528alski
Location 1: Northeast
Location 2: Maine

White spot

Post by Romb0528alski »

My common pleco has a very white spot just on his top fin and everywhere I've looked I can't find what it is. Can someone help?
I can't get a good picture of him since he's behind the filter
I can't get a good picture of him since he's behind the filter
pleconut
I've donated: $35.00!
My cats species list: 35 (i:23, k:0)
My aquaria list: 7 (i:3)
My BLogs: 3 (i:4, p:154)
My Wishlist: 1
Spotted: 1
Location 1: Bournemouth
Location 2: UK

Re: White spot

Post by pleconut »

Hi welcome to planet catfish, as your post is in relation to a health matter regarding your common pleco, but has been placed in the tank talk forum, as opposed to Loricariidae forum. As it is requested in the sticky topic at the top of the Loricariidae forum, is it possible for you to get readings of all the parameters of your tank (you can usually get these at an LFS, if you dont have a test kit) Temperature Ammonia Nitrite Nitrate Ph GH and KH, and as much info you can about the tank it's in, also any fish added recently, foods added, then we will be able to get a better idea of what the problem may be.
Thanks Teresa
Romb0528alski
Location 1: Northeast
Location 2: Maine

Re: White spot

Post by Romb0528alski »

pleconut wrote:Hi welcome to planet catfish, as your post is in relation to a health matter regarding your common pleco, but has been placed in the tank talk forum, as opposed to Loricariidae forum. As it is requested in the sticky topic at the top of the Loricariidae forum, is it possible for you to get readings of all the parameters of your tank (you can usually get these at an LFS, if you dont have a test kit) Temperature Ammonia Nitrite Nitrate Ph GH and KH, and as much info you can about the tank it's in, also any fish added recently, foods added, then we will be able to get a better idea of what the problem may be.
We have 4 female betta, one is currently in a breeding tank with a male, and we just recently added 2 of the 4, our other fish, 5 head to tail tetras, 5 red swordtails and an angelfish have all been in our tank for about 2 weeks. We have a 50 gallon tank. Temperature is a steady 82, ph is 7.2. The only available kit out our local pet store was a test for just ph. But we order one online that test for nitrate ammonia, etc. we use tropical fish flakes. As well as bloodworms and cooked peas. We haven't had any problems so far. We are on well water so the PH is wicked high so we use both natural and chemical ph down.

Return to “Tank Talk”