HELP, I OVERDOSED STRESS ZYME+ ......

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
miamimeow
My cats species list: 2 (i:1, k:0)
My aquaria list: 2 (i:2)
My BLogs: 2 (i:0, p:16)
Spotted: 2
Location 1: miami
Location 2: FLORIDA

HELP, I OVERDOSED STRESS ZYME+ ......

Post by miamimeow »

I just purchased a 5 gallon fluval spec tank with a builtin filtering system. The system has biomax pellets and carbon medium. The problem is that Saturday, the 9th of April I added 10ml of API stress zyme+ containing live bacteria, thats enough for a 20 gallon instead of 2.5ml for my 5.... :-O I have added gravel, but no plants or my beloved cats and angelfish... Should I restart, or will it be ok to leave it as it is? Any and all advise is greatly appreciated. Thank you. MIAMIMEOW
bekateen
I've donated: $40.00!
My articles: 4
My images: 130
My cats species list: 142 (i:102, k:39)
My aquaria list: 36 (i:13)
My BLogs: 44 (i:149, p:2653)
My Wishlist: 35
Spotted: 177
Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
Location 2: USA, California, Stockton

Re: HELP, I OVERDOSED STRESS ZYME+ ......

Post by bekateen »

I don't think the live bacteria will harm anything (other than maybe temporarily lower oxygen levels, and that will have passed by now if your tank is appropriately aerated), but I don't know what else is in the API stress zyme+ product.

For most of the anti-stress and water treatment products (Novaqua and things like that), I've been advised that a double dose is generally harmless. But you're talking about a 4x dose. If you have no fish or plants in the tank and if you're concerned, just change some of the water - do a 50% water change, treat for chlorine/chloramines if you need to, and you should be fine.

Cheers, Eric
Find me on YouTube and Facebook: http://youtube.com/user/Bekateen1; https://www.facebook.com/Bekateen
Buying caves from https://plecocaves.com? Plecocaves sponsor Bekateen's Fishroom. Use coupon code "bekateen" (no quotes) for 15% off your order.
miamimeow

Post by miamimeow »

Firstly, thank you for your reply Eric... Yes, sounds like a great plan. Martha
jsalas623
My cats species list: 3 (i:0, k:0)
Location 2: Phoenix, AZ

Post by jsalas623 »

You should be fine. I wouldnt worry. If you want just do a 25-50% water change and you should be good to go.
miamimeow

Post by miamimeow »

Yes jsalas623, thank you for kind assistance. Martha

Return to “Tank Talk”