Mystic White II Pool Filter Sand

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
sundaydriveguy
My cats species list: 2 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: The Woodlands
Location 2: Texas

Mystic White II Pool Filter Sand

Post by sundaydriveguy »

Hello,

New to this forum and cats in general. I was wondering if anyone has used the Mystic White II pool filter sand? It looks like it would be great for my Cory's, but in the description, it says the grains are angular in shape, which worries me a bit.

Does anyone have any experience using this sand as a substrate with Cory's or any other bottom dwellers?
MChambers
My cats species list: 26 (i:12, k:0)
My BLogs: 6 (i:0, p:76)
Spotted: 2
Location 2: Washington DC

Re: Mystic White II Pool Filter Sand

Post by MChambers »

I don't know if I've used that particular brand, but I and others have used pool filter sand with various corydoras quite successfully.
sundaydriveguy
My cats species list: 2 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: The Woodlands
Location 2: Texas

Post by sundaydriveguy »

FYI, Here is the information sheet on the Mystic White II. Hopefully it will help with the specifics needed to determine if it will be a good substrate for my Corydoras aeneus and my Brochis splendens.

http://www.texasaquaticsupply.com/docs/ ... 0Media.pdf
naturalart
I've donated: $45.00!
My images: 3
My cats species list: 37 (i:18, k:10)
My aquaria list: 6 (i:3)
My Wishlist: 3
Spotted: 14
Location 1: Oakland
Location 2: California
Interests: catfish, nature

Post by naturalart »

I don't presently keep cories, but any angular shaped sand should be avoided as much as possible. The abrasion caused by this stuff can be bad. And besides, there are so many round profile sands out there that it shouldn't be too much of a problem for any average aquarist too find a suitable substitute. Goodluck!

Return to “Tank Talk”