Indian Almond leaves

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
the guy
My cats species list: 1 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Location 1: Canada
Location 2: Langley British Columbia

Indian Almond leaves

Post by the guy »

Does anyone use almond leaves I've read they are good for water detoxification :-??
Mind over Matter is an easy way to live your life. " If you don't mind it don't matter" :YMPEACE:
gulogulo
My cats species list: 31 (i:4, k:0)
My aquaria list: 24 (i:1)
My BLogs: 5 (i:10, p:228)
My Wishlist: 4
Location 1: Madison, WI
Location 2: USA

Re: Indian Almond leaves

Post by gulogulo »

I have used them a few times, they are good for conditioning the water and softening it. Oak leaves work well for this also and for me they are way cheaper (free) and last longer.
the guy
My cats species list: 1 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Location 1: Canada
Location 2: Langley British Columbia

Post by the guy »

Funny you should mention oak leaves, I have a Magnolia tree and tried some dried leaves and found they worked very well too. I get hundreds of leaves for the best price ever as well "FREE". b-)
Mind over Matter is an easy way to live your life. " If you don't mind it don't matter" :YMPEACE:
gulogulo
My cats species list: 31 (i:4, k:0)
My aquaria list: 24 (i:1)
My BLogs: 5 (i:10, p:228)
My Wishlist: 4
Location 1: Madison, WI
Location 2: USA

Post by gulogulo »

And I just had a friend give me some magnolia leaves to try, also free!
TwoTankAmin
I've donated: $4288.00!
My cats species list: 6 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:0, p:48)
Location 1: USA
Location 2: Mt. Kisco, NY
Interests: Fish and Poker

Post by TwoTankAmin »

What leaves one may want depend on why they are wanted. Just to stain the water for the most part is one thing, to have beneficial things they add to the water is another. if the latter is your goal than rooibos tea might be something to investigate. http://www.planetcatfish.com/forum/view ... hp?t=40948

I have one tank to which I add rooibos, almond leaves and have alder cones in a bag in the filter.
No one has ever become poor by giving.” Anonymous
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”" Daniel Patrick Moynihan
"The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it." Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Return to “Tank Talk”