What is everyone feeding their Panaques??

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
rob rensen
My images: 19
My cats species list: 18 (i:1, k:1)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Spotted: 9
Location 2: netherlands

Re: What is everyone feeding their Panaques??

Post by rob rensen »

David R wrote:What brand spirulina tabs Rob?
no special brand, some brands are very expensive ( because of their name)....I order it in a plastic bag, a lot cheaper then an expensive and marvelous looking jar:)
David R
My cats species list: 12 (i:4, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:1)
Spotted: 2
Location 2: Whangarei, New Zealand

Post by David R »

Good thing I read the thread as I saw the pic and the name and immediately thought of the common Yucca filamentosa which has roots/stolons very similar in appearance to the one in the picture. I'll have a look for cassava next time I'm at the Asian grocers.

Rob, I agree about the expensive jar! I buy all my food in bulk and I've just got another 1kg pack of Hikari wafers, but have heard on another site that people have had problems with them causing bloat (partly why I started this thread). I'm going to use them seems how I have been feeding them for 12 months as part of a mixed diet with no ill effects so far.
David R's 2000L tank build - now up and running with fish and water and stuff, check it out!
DOLEMITE
My cats species list: 3 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Location 1: Portland, OR
Location 2: Portland, OR. USA
Interests: My intrests are my family, my fish, and baseball. I also dabble in some armature ping pong!!

Post by DOLEMITE »

Great thread, you guys gave alot of insightful info . I'm definetly going to try to feed mine some pumpkin. I've been successful with carrots and zucchini. :-BD

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”