When you need a friend

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
star4
Location 2: United Kingdom

When you need a friend

Post by star4 »

There is nothing like a hug from a big plec :)

The pictus is the most unlucky catfish ever, he had been stuck in a filter intake and lost his top lip and been in the mouth of an oscar.
mikeyrose
Location 1: Clark, NJ
Location 2: Clark, NJ
Interests: Many, many...but fishes are my favorite animals after dogs. And the kittyfish family is my overall favorite freshwater one. =]

Re: When you need a friend

Post by mikeyrose »

*dies of cute*
Indeed not. I've always thought they looked so huggable. *cuddles plushie* When I was younger I had conceived of a plan to use walking catfish to breed fishes who can live on land for extended periods, so they could be more like other pets (I'd gotten the sense that some of mine were envious of my dogs.) Or just get walking ones and put harnesses on them. XD Speaking of which, are kittyfishes the most advanced fishes or what?! They're already walking and talking! (I had a Platydorus costatus named Ralph as well...one time when I had to scoop him up, he slung his fin over the side of the net and started croaking at me.)

Awwwwww...poor lil' guy!! Hope his big pal can protect him from now on. He looks all like, "I got yer back, little buddy."

I used to have a pictus named Angelica (due to them having been called "Angelicus.") Angie was one pretty but hyper girl, although her other favorite thing to do besides dashing around like mad was resting behind the "Barnacle Bar" decoration we had, with her long, thin, elegant barbels sticking up through it. XD That was pretty much my favorite decorative piece ever, too. The plecos would literally "sit" on the stools as if ordering drinks.

And that pleco kinda reminds me of the four we had...Alan (adopted from high school biology class tank at the end of the year; he was Liposarcus disjunctivus, according to my book), Mercedes (almost totally certain she was L. pardalis), Renshaw (same, I believe), and Sage (prooobably also the same, although she was smaller and named for the greenish tint she had to her, which was an interesting coloration.) Anyway...adorable. :YMDAYDREAM:
Last edited by mikeyrose on 31 Mar 2015, 21:19, edited 4 times in total.
Mol_PMB
I've donated: $50.00!
My images: 5
My cats species list: 37 (i:32, k:1)
My aquaria list: 12 (i:9)
My BLogs: 8 (i:34, p:416)
Spotted: 14
Location 2: Manchester UK

Post by Mol_PMB »

Speaking of which, greenpleco.com sell 'pleco plush' complete with sucker so you can attach to the glass. Great for when visitors come round and the real pleco is feeling shy!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402936546.983346.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mikeyrose
Location 1: Clark, NJ
Location 2: Clark, NJ
Interests: Many, many...but fishes are my favorite animals after dogs. And the kittyfish family is my overall favorite freshwater one. =]

Post by mikeyrose »

YES! :-BD I looked up "plush pleco" because I knew there had to be one, and sure enough the Green Pleco guys came up. I got one of the black-and-whites, and have been bringing little Rex almost everywhere with me. (That's him in my avatar, riding inside my purse in an elevator.) Now I CAN hug a pleco! X-} They said they're going to try and make a bunch more species, too. If they do, my plush army--which includes numerous aquatic critters and two other catfish--shall expand even further.
CorydoraCat
My cats species list: 6 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:0)
Location 2: Canada

Post by CorydoraCat »

Awh, look at that big pleco! He's mighty cute! How big is he?

Also, poor little Pictus. Maybe the big guy can help keep him safe now. :)

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”