looking for any info on plecos....

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
aussie_plec
Location 2: ballarat

looking for any info on plecos....

Post by aussie_plec »

im looking for any useful sites or books that i can source further information on plecos and catfish. because i am wanting to put a bit of a book together for personal reference & as a learning guide for others interested in keeping catfish in their home aquaria.

i will not be basing this reference information on catfish in general but will be writing profiles on all plecos that are widely available in the aquarium trade. if you have any information pics, or personal experiences you would like to add feel free to comment below.
racoll
My articles: 6
My images: 182
My catfish: 2
My cats species list: 2 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Spotted: 238
Location 1: Bristol
Location 2: UK

Re: looking for any info on plecos....

Post by racoll »

I know an AWESOME site with TONS of info on catfishes and plecos. They have species pages from pretty much all catfishes known, have expert contributors, a huge number of breeding, collecting and husbandry articles, a book review section, AND a forum that's been going for more than 10 years. It really is a massive source.

I'm afraid, though, I can't remember the name of it for the life of me. Something like "catfishworld.com", or "worldofcatfish.com", or "catfishuniverse.com". Sorry I can't be more help. Try Google.
Dave Rinaldo
I've donated: $601.00!
My images: 238
My cats species list: 64 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 97
Location 2: Austin, Texas

Post by Dave Rinaldo »

racoll wrote:I know an AWESOME site with TONS of info on catfishes and plecos. They have species pages from pretty much all catfishes known, have expert contributors, a huge number of breeding, collecting and husbandry articles, a book review section, AND a forum that's been going for more than 10 years. It really is a massive source.
Of course, Racoll is having a little fun! ;)

You have already found your source right here!!
Planet Catfish
Contribute to Planet Catfish!

Use this Amazon.com link to benefit Planet Catfish!!
Richard B
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 9
My images: 11
My cats species list: 37 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:0, p:47)
Spotted: 10
Location 1: on the sofa, or maybe at work?
Location 2: Warwickshire: UK
Interests: Tanganyika Catfish, African catfish, Non-loricariid sucker-catfish.
Running, drinking, eating, sci-fi, stapelids

Post by Richard B »

racoll wrote:I know an AWESOME site with TONS of info on catfishes and plecos. They have species pages from pretty much all catfishes known, have expert contributors, a huge number of breeding, collecting and husbandry articles, a book review section, AND a forum that's been going for more than 10 years. It really is a massive source.

I'm afraid, though, I can't remember the name of it for the life of me. Something like "catfishworld.com", or "worldofcatfish.com", or "catfishuniverse.com". Sorry I can't be more help. Try Google.
genius........
Lou: Every young man's fantasy is to have a three-way.
Jacob: Yeah not with another fu**!ng guy!
Lou: It's still a three-way!

Hot Tub Time Machine: 2010
MatsP
My articles: 4
My images: 28
My cats species list: 117 (i:33, k:0)
My aquaria list: 10 (i:8)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:97)
Spotted: 187
Location 1: North of Cambridge
Location 2: England.

Post by MatsP »

aussie_plec wrote:i will not be basing this reference information on catfish in general but will be writing profiles on all plecos that are widely available in the aquarium trade. if you have any information pics, or personal experiences you would like to add feel free to comment below.
So, basically, you want to set up a competing site to this one, 15 years later?

--
Mats
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 941
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

Everyone stay nice... :-)

BTW, anyone accessing the site via a third party app (e.g. tapatalk) will be blissfully unaware of the sections like the cat-elog etc.

Jools

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”