L200 green phantom

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
co77
Location 2: new york

L200 green phantom

Post by co77 »

Need a little advice about the L200. I got him two days ago. Hes in a 150gal with lots of drift wood. He hasn't eaten yet that I am aware of. I have noticed that he is becoming less shy but still havent seen him eat I have tried both hikari and omega one veggie wafers as well as sinking pellets (hikari and omega one) is thos normal ? Could it be that he needs a little more time to settle in? When is the best time to feed day or night (lights out) ? Any tips will be much appreciated

Sorry about the bubbles just did wc
ImageImageImage
Atmichaels
My cats species list: 27 (i:26, k:0)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:3)
My BLogs: 3 (i:2, p:112)
Location 2: Michigan, USA

Re: L200 green phantom

Post by Atmichaels »

They can be a little shy until they get settled which may take a few more days yet. I wouldn't worry yet. Try feeding right around lights out, that's when mine are most likely to come out of their hiding spots. Mine love the hikari wafers but will really eat anything I put in there including meatier items like blood worms. They go nuts for Repashy soilent green too.
Juan c. nieto
Location 1: Spain (canary islands)

Post by Juan c. nieto »

Hi there.
I’ve got a group of them. They need time. I would start putting cucumber and green & red sweet pipper anchored on the bottom by using an fork, right when lights out.
Regards.
co77

Post by co77 »

Good news guys wife said thst he was out and about all day.will be more patient and try some of the foods suggested. Was worried because its such a beautiful fish and I want to give it the vest care possible
Stefan2013
My cats species list: 15 (i:14, k:0)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:3)
Location 2: London

Post by Stefan2013 »

Great that he's started feeding. Mine (1 adult and two youths!) love courgette as well.
co77

Post by co77 »

Not feeding yet. I tried cucumber ....nothing I think the oscar needs to be sleeping before I can feed him
mcaquatic
My cats species list: 67 (i:0, k:0)
My Wishlist: 1
Spotted: 34
Location 1: USA
Location 2: somerville, NJ

Post by mcaquatic »

I had a large group of the hi fins. They were really great fish. Mine ate really well on hikari foods. Initially they loved zucchini but after a while stopped taking veggies all together in favor of pellets. For a bit of time they where with my L14 grow outs and really like shrimp and cut mussel when they could get to it.
Juiceyfish
My cats species list: 24 (i:0, k:0)
Location 2: Charlottetown

Post by Juiceyfish »

My l200 really go for the repashy foods! Such as community and meat pie also love new era tropical pellets!!( it's like fish crack to mine!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”