L075s - making love or war?

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Oceanica
My cats species list: 8 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Location 2: United Kingdom

L075s - making love or war?

Post by Oceanica »

Hi guys,

I have seven L075s in a 7ft tank. This morning I found the two largest ones (maybe 7-8"?) 'dancing' with each other in mid-water and doing a bit of chasing each other around. I'd never seen this behaviour before, and it's still going on with the lights on. They sometimes appear to 'nibble' at each other's backs but as of yet I can see no obvious sign of injury. Am I looking at a possible couple getting in the mood, or at some bizarre bout of fighting in this otherwise peaceful species? I'd never seen them out and about so much. Even the innocent Satanoperca bystanders are getting chased a bit. It's all very odd.

Has anyone seen this before? Did you get babies, or injured/dead fish (!)?
catfishchaos
My cats species list: 35 (i:25, k:4)
My aquaria list: 7 (i:6)
My Wishlist: 1
Spotted: 14
Location 1: Halifax
Location 2: Nova scotia, Canada
Interests: Spearfishing, freediving, flyfishing, flytying, bowfishing, long boarding, archery, photography, reptiles, arachnids, catfish, cacti and succulents, exploration/travel, conservation and always acquiring more

Re: L075s - making love or war?

Post by catfishchaos »

It sounds like fighting to me, It's pretty much just sucking onto each other and flailing about with some chasing.
I can stop keeping catfish whenever I want. I just don't think I'll ever want to do that...

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”