Feeding plecos Naturose?

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Daedalus
Location 2: wi usa

Feeding plecos Naturose?

Post by Daedalus »

Anyone done this? I was coming up empty on searches, if aims at the red pigmentations in the body and enhancing the coloration. More looking at seeing if its ok to do with with bristlenose calicos and super reds
Narwhal72
I've donated: $100.00!
My cats species list: 100 (i:0, k:4)
My BLogs: 29 (i:0, p:400)
Spotted: 32
Location 1: USA
Location 2: Milwaukee, WI
Interests: Whiptails, hoplo cats, corys, plecos

Re: Feeding plecos Naturose?

Post by Narwhal72 »

I mix Naturose into my Repashy foods and feed to all my fish regularly.

You may want to check your label for an expiration date. Naturose was discontinued by Cyanotech many years ago and the product may be expired. I have been keeping mine in the freezer.

Andy
bekateen
I've donated: $40.00!
My articles: 4
My images: 130
My cats species list: 142 (i:102, k:39)
My aquaria list: 36 (i:13)
My BLogs: 44 (i:149, p:2653)
My Wishlist: 35
Spotted: 177
Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
Location 2: USA, California, Stockton

Post by bekateen »

This is one of the reasons I feed slices of uncooked orange sweet potatoes to my plecos - for the natural carotenoids. And without any scientific basis for it, I also thought that beets might enhance the color in my plecos, so I provided raw beet slices to my bristlenoses; I only tried the beets a few times, but I never observed the plecos to show much interest in slices of raw beets. I don't know if this was because the plecos don't like the flavor of beets, or they just never tasted the beets to discover that beets could be food. I do know that it took me several repeated attempts at introducing sweet potatoes to my clown plecos before they ever even took a single bite of the potato. Now my clowns regularly eat the sweet potato. So if you want to try beets, just be aware that even if the plecos will eventually eat it, they may not eat the beets on the first few exposures.

Cheers, Eric
Find me on YouTube and Facebook: http://youtube.com/user/Bekateen1; https://www.facebook.com/Bekateen
Buying caves from https://plecocaves.com? Plecocaves sponsor Bekateen's Fishroom. Use coupon code "bekateen" (no quotes) for 15% off your order.
Marc van Arc
Expert
My articles: 20
My images: 61
My catfish: 9
Spotted: 35
Location 2: Eindhoven, The Netherlands

Post by Marc van Arc »

Please move to correct forum......
Birger
Expert
My articles: 10
My images: 112
My cats species list: 49 (i:43, k:0)
Spotted: 35
Location 1: Edmonton,Alberta
Location 2: Canada

Post by Birger »

Moved to a more fitting forum...
Birger
Allen Repashy
I've donated: $250.00!
My images: 1
My cats species list: 21 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 1
Location 2: San Diego

Post by Allen Repashy »

Hi Everyone,

Our formulas are loaded with natural Carotenoid rich ingredients... Aquasta "a yeast that has replaced Naturose", Marigold extract, Calendula, Paprika Extract, Dried Watermelon, Spirulina, Chlorella, Hybiscus, Rose Hips..... We have used these ingredients to provide a full spectrum of carotenoids and not just Astaxanthin. Our "RedRum" is a color enhancement formula that has the highest carotenoid levels of ANY food on the market and is designed to be mixed into any of our formulas to further increase levels, or it can be feed as is for a limited amount of time. It is more supplement than complete diet, though it is nutritionally formulated as such.

We need to remember that Carotenoids are NOT just pigment enhancers, they have equal value as anti-oxidants, Vitamin A precursers as well as water soluble vitamins, Vision enhancers, and contain many "X-Factors" that are only now being studied.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”