l134 problems With fry

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
crazytask
Location 1: sweden
Location 2: Jönköping

l134 problems With fry

Post by crazytask »

It all started with my New wildcought fish i got around 20 comptas andsome started to go pale, didnt eat and had heavy breathing. Lost a few when i uso g medication against parasites. Now about 5 mounth later when hey started to spawn all the frys just die off. Same symtoms as the parants had. All die and they never start eating. Lost around 5 spawns. And ive taken the eggs, left rhem woth father all works out the same. It seems to me the parents still has som parasites and it effects the young. Been trying lots of meds like easha exit esha hexamita esha gdex and a couple eff others. I do t have problems with any othr ppleco frys like 46, 260, 262, 201. Ive lost well over 100 compta frys and its just heartbraking now. Water is good and filtering good.
What can i do? Besides never buying wildcought... got a new batch of small wigglers in a cave now. And i just finished a cycle of eshga hexamita and exit meds. But it will prolly workout like the rest of the spawn. My males are good fathers but the fry die off anyways. Abit bloated but not much, pale couler, fins het uggly and then they die.
crazytask
Location 1: sweden
Location 2: Jönköping

Re: l134 problems With fry

Post by crazytask »

Here is a picture of an adult that died when i first got them, and the fry look exactly the same when they die. All adult have been doing really well the last 4-5 mounths tho, fat and healthy.
Attachments
518dd7c5fdf6417ae1b53e88cede5859.jpg
518dd7c5fdf6417ae1b53e88cede5859.jpg (23.89 KiB) Viewed 939 times
Linus_Cello
My cats species list: 1 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 1
Location 2: Washington DC

Re: l134 problems With fry

Post by Linus_Cello »

Can you post info such as: water temp, pH, hardness? etc? See http://www.planetcatfish.com/forum/view ... f=5&t=4305
I've had issues with losing hyphans in bare bottom tanks. Maybe some substrate would help?

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”