Needing some feeding tips for a leopard frog juvie.

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
pleconut
I've donated: $35.00!
My cats species list: 35 (i:23, k:0)
My aquaria list: 7 (i:3)
My BLogs: 3 (i:4, p:154)
My Wishlist: 1
Spotted: 1
Location 1: Bournemouth
Location 2: UK

Needing some feeding tips for a leopard frog juvie.

Post by pleconut »

Hi folks, needing some tips I have a small L134 leopard frog pleco juvie at about 3-4 cms he is doing well. But wanted to ask am I doing the right thing feeding wise?
This is what I am doing- spot feeding him (as he sits in his fry saver most of the time he also goes round cleaning up any trapped food out of the other savers)
I'm currently wedging thin slices of courgettes into the saver and dipping a twig in repashy bottom scratcher and putting this into the saver. A good combination of other food goes in to the tank also for other fish. Just wanting to ensure he is getting the right ammount of food, and the kind of food he needs for his size.
Thanks Teresa
Linus_Cello
My cats species list: 1 (i:0, k:0)
Location 2: Washington DC

Re: Needing some feeding tips for a leopard frog juvie.

Post by Linus_Cello »

What's in the repashy bottom scratcher? I would err more on the side of veggies (as these supposedly can succumb from bloat, but that's too much beef heart), but I've never kept these.
pleconut
I've donated: $35.00!
My cats species list: 35 (i:23, k:0)
My aquaria list: 7 (i:3)
My BLogs: 3 (i:4, p:154)
My Wishlist: 1
Location 1: Bournemouth
Location 2: UK

Re: Needing some feeding tips for a leopard frog juvie.

Post by pleconut »

Thanks, I just checked out the packaging it's an Invertivore based food. The advice I was given here when i specifically asked re leopard frogs before suggested bottom scratcher was a food used with success, but this came to keeping them in general and not specifically to juvies. He does get spot fed more veg and as mentioned the end of a twig dipped in the repashy. Plus he cleans the fry savers of any food particles.
Thanks Teresa

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”