Sad day in the fish room

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Annamtau
My cats species list: 5 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Wisconsin
Location 2: USA

Re: Sad day in the fish room

Post by Annamtau »

So sorry for your losses!! Truly heartbreaking.

I am scared to death right now as I am encountering my first experience with ich in my tank. Noticed some small white spots on a couple of ram cichlids in my community tank that has a 6/7 in snowball plec, a young LF albino, another 2 yo male albino, tetras & an elephant nose.

I had at home a product called ich-x, never used.. but on hand if ever the need arose; so seeing as it did, I dosed ~ 75% the recommended dose and the elephant nose was dead in 12 hrs. I noticed it acting funny instantly & did a 50% h2o chg immediately, but it wasn't enough. Now I'm scared to continue treatment-- LFS recommended 50% dose split into morning & evening & 20-30% h2o changes/ day.
Any advice ?? I don't want to lose anymore fish to the wrong treatment!! Also upped aquarium temp to 81, added some extra salt.. Any help would be great!
And again-- Narwhal72, I'm sorry!!!
Jobro
My cats species list: 12 (i:7, k:0)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:3)
Spotted: 3
Location 1: Germany
Location 2: Allgäu

Re: Sad day in the fish room

Post by Jobro »

As posted before, I had really good experience with Esha Exit. Dose it just as the package says. Did never harm any of my fishes. Sadly I don't know about the availability outside of Europe :-(

Barbie used something else that should be available in the US, just read through the thread and you should find it.
follow my Plecos on Instagram: welsgefluester

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”