Common Pleco disease identification and treatment help

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Ginkgo31
Location 1: Arkansas
Location 2: United states

Common Pleco disease identification and treatment help

Post by Ginkgo31 »

Hello,

I have a 2 year old common Pleco he lives in a 55 gallon tank. Water was partially changed last week. He has stopped eating zucchini, for over a month now. He used to eat a whole one every 3 days. He rarely eats a wafer. He was on the tank wall eating two days ago. However, today we noticed this marble sized growth on his side. We asked our local pet stores for advice when he was not eating and tried many different things. None have worked, now this. Please see photo. He has not moved today but is breathing. I am at a loss what to do, I am out of town and my bc is willing to do whatever is needed. I am new here so I apologize If this is in the wrong place or I left something out.

Thank you for your time

Ginkgo31
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Barbie
Expert
I've donated: $360.00!
My articles: 1
My images: 16
My catfish: 2
My cats species list: 58 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 8
Location 1: Spokane, WA
Location 2: USA

Re: Common Pleco disease identification and treatment help

Post by Barbie »

Could you please start with answering the questions in the "before you post" sticky? That will help us be more able to accurately assist you. What else is he in with? If he was mine, I would change water again daily to make sure that wasn't the issue. These guys are armored, so internal pressure can force tissue out between their plates.

Barbie

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”