Protrusion of the intestine

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
angel_fish
My cats species list: 9 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:2, p:49)
Spotted: 3
Location 1: Iran, Tehran
Location 2: Iran, Hamedan

Protrusion of the intestine

Post by angel_fish »

Hi all
How can i treat this problem about Protrusion of the intestine (long fin l144), I feed them zucchini, cucumber, carrot and Biomare(www.biomar.com three per week)
others are well, but this female has this problem more than 1 week, what should i do?
angel_fish

Re: Protrusion of the intestine

Post by angel_fish »

no idea?
no comment?
no one know?!
bekateen
I've donated: $40.00!
My articles: 4
My images: 130
My cats species list: 142 (i:102, k:39)
My aquaria list: 36 (i:13)
My BLogs: 44 (i:149, p:2653)
My Wishlist: 35
Spotted: 177
Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
Location 2: USA, California, Stockton

Post by bekateen »

Hi angel_fish,

I can only speculate, but I imagine that you got no reply because that is a very challenging condition to treat, and few people have experience with it or a good solution for it.

Myself, I do not know how to treat this condition in fish. I believe some people have tried diet changes (either withhold food or feed peeled peas, or something like that).

I have dealt with this before in frogs so what I did there may not be helpful, and to be honest my treatment often didn't work, but sometimes did: I would anesthetize the frog and use a blunt probe (rubber or glass) to gently push the intestine back into the body. In some cases, the intestine would stay inside and frog would recover, but in other cases, the intestine would come back out again and the frog would die.

Again, I cannot say this is the proper treatment for fish, but in the absence of better suggestions, and if your fish is deteriorating, it may be worth a try as a last-ditch effort.

I hope other people are able to respond with trusted suggestions for you.

Good luck, Eric
Find me on YouTube and Facebook: http://youtube.com/user/Bekateen1; https://www.facebook.com/Bekateen
Buying caves from https://plecocaves.com? Plecocaves sponsor Bekateen's Fishroom. Use coupon code "bekateen" (no quotes) for 15% off your order.
angel_fish

Post by angel_fish »

bekateen wrote: 08 Feb 2017, 21:40 Hi angel_fish,

I can only speculate, but I imagine that you got no reply because that is a very challenging condition to treat, and few people have experience with it or a good solution for it.

Myself, I do not know how to treat this condition in fish. I believe some people have tried diet changes (either withhold food or feed peeled peas, or something like that).

I have dealt with this before in frogs so what I did there may not be helpful, and to be honest my treatment often didn't work, but sometimes did: I would anesthetize the frog and use a blunt probe (rubber or glass) to gently push the intestine back into the body. In some cases, the intestine would stay inside and frog would recover, but in other cases, the intestine would come back out again and the frog would die.

Again, I cannot say this is the proper treatment for fish, but in the absence of better suggestions, and if your fish is deteriorating, it may be worth a try as a last-ditch effort.

I hope other people are able to respond with trusted suggestions for you.

Good luck, Eric
Dear Eric,
Thanks for you honesty and especially for you comment that make me feel confident.
she is not in a deteriorating condition i think, i changed her diet to just vegetarian dietT she eat well and have normal faeces..and i hope she get better soon!
but i am a little worry about her spawning! cab she lay eggs normally?!

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”