L004

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Darby85
My cats species list: 5 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: England
Location 2: West Sussex

L004

Post by Darby85 »

Hi all, does anyone have any info on these from keeping them? I don't really find much info on them
Acanthicus
My articles: 5
My images: 91
My cats species list: 29 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 79
Location 1: Kiel
Location 2: Germany

Re: L004

Post by Acanthicus »

Hi,

L 4 represents the same species as L 5,L 28 and L 73. Best try out L 28, since it is the most used name on this species. Easy to keep, just as the other Hypancistrus.

cheers, Daniel
Daniel
Darby85
My cats species list: 5 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: England
Location 2: West Sussex

Post by Darby85 »

Thanks, still can't find much about them. Don't see them much and very few seem to be for sale? when iv found them for sale previously the price has varied so so much from really low to very high?
stuby
I've donated: $25.00!
My images: 1
My cats species list: 1 (i:1, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Spotted: 1
Location 1: USA
Location 2: Big Rapids, MI.

Post by stuby »

Not sure what other info you are looking for besides what is already available in cat e-log....... temp from 75 to 82 degrees, PH 6.6 to 7.6, and like all Hypancistrus they need meat in the diet. They also benefit from at least some vegies in the diet..... they are like most plecs and you don't see them a lot but if you set up the tank correctly you can see them. The more hiding places you provide for them and the bigger the tank the more they feel safe and will come out more too! I would say the minimum tank size for a few would be a 20 gallon tank.... but the bigger the better too. I keep (and have bred) 5 in a 29 gallon tank. As far as "price" they are worth what you are willing to pay! That being said..... price will very do to a few things. If someone has them for some time and they are "clean" they are worth a lot more than "new" imported fish..... at least to me. New imports are a lot more likely to have problems.... sick, thin, not eating and/or parasites are always a concern with new imported fish. Fish that someone has had for months more than likely are eating good and don't have parasites.

HTH
Chuck

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”