[Help] Pleco eye parasites alike snow flake

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
hkgkenneth
Location 1: hong kong
Location 2: HK

[Help] Pleco eye parasites alike snow flake

Post by hkgkenneth »

Need help, how should I treat this kind of eye parasites?
Have tried Metronidazole and it doesnt work very well.
And I want to know is the white line pattern next to the eyes consider normal or is it actually some kind of diseases?

Appreciate for the help!!

Andrewjw
I've donated: $600.00!
My articles: 2
My images: 17
My cats species list: 45 (i:21, k:0)
My BLogs: 24 (i:29, p:1094)
Spotted: 14
Location 1: St Louis
Location 2: St Louis Missouri
Interests: Fish!

Re: [Help] Pleco eye parasites alike snow flake

Post by Andrewjw »

I have had the same disease in other L-95s and other Pseudorinelepis sp., but never in other plecos. I consulted a friend, who is a pediatric ophthalmologist, and we both believe this is a form of uveitis, an autoimmune inflammation of the eye, which can sometimes be triggered by infection (in humans, you can get uveitis from cat scratch disease, e.g.). I was unable to cure my fish, and they slowly (months) wasted away....
hkgkenneth
Location 1: hong kong
Location 2: HK

Re: [Help] Pleco eye parasites alike snow flake

Post by hkgkenneth »

Andrewjw wrote: 20 Jun 2017, 22:13 I have had the same disease in other L-95s and other Pseudorinelepis sp., but never in other plecos. I consulted a friend, who is a pediatric ophthalmologist, and we both believe this is a form of uveitis, an autoimmune inflammation of the eye, which can sometimes be triggered by infection (in humans, you can get uveitis from cat scratch disease, e.g.). I was unable to cure my fish, and they slowly (months) wasted away....
Thank you for replying, have you tried the anti parasite or bacteria medicine to treat the disease?

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”