Spawning cories

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
hotsauce48
My cats species list: 4 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: by the computer
Location 2: B-More
Interests: Fish,guitar,sports

Spawning cories

Post by hotsauce48 »

I bought 3 cories 2 days ago and I think one was pregnant,Today I noticed 9 white spots on the side of my aquarium,that look like eggs.Not only this,but they have been swimming really fast up and downthe sides of the tank since I got them.They were labeled ''green cory'',but I cant't find anything in the cat-e log.I looked on aqualandpetsplus.com and I saw a gloden bronze cory,that looked like it,andon the plant.cat. web site.The closest thing I found was a unknown species that is located on my ''my cats page''.
What can I do?They are still running up and down,and then resting.I noticed the belly on the one I think is a female is big as well as her body.She ( guessing ) is about 1 1/2 inch and the male ( still guessing ) is following her and is 1 inch.
Don't let karma get you, post replies, and replies to your questions you will recieve.
Atlantis Child
Location 2: Canada

Re: Spawning cories

Post by Atlantis Child »

Dunno about the other stuff, but sounds to me like you might have got "Green gold catfish", Corydoras melanotaenia. Looked him up yet?

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/im ... ge_id=8993

Mine are much greener. They kinda look like Corydoras aeneus, but leaner, more elongated, and (usually) with better coloring.
My corys: 2 green gold, 3 peppered, 1 metae, 1 san juan, 1 elegans, 3 habrosus.

......When Corys rule the world you better hope yours' remembers all those bloodworms you gave him!!!
hotsauce48
My cats species list: 4 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: by the computer
Location 2: B-More
Interests: Fish,guitar,sports

Post by hotsauce48 »

It looks like him but its not.However ,my cories are done spawning.They layed about 21 and only 4 are left.(I hid them in the plants)
Don't let karma get you, post replies, and replies to your questions you will recieve.
corywink
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Location 1: Canada
Location 2: Toronto, Canada
Interests: corydoras!

Post by corywink »

Bronze corys (Corydoras aeneus) are often called "Green cory" around here.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”