My Adolfo cories spawned tonight!

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Mlou
Location 1: Quincy
Location 2: MA USA

My Adolfo cories spawned tonight!

Post by Mlou »

Hi everyone;

I guess these little guys are very busy today. After dinner I noticed my 8 Adolfo cories swimming around this crowded tank in a busy way......there are 5 huge veiltail angels in this tank along with old and huge group of 15 neon tetras and two full grown pepper cories. So I was able to find 7 eggs in the Java moss and the side of the tank. The rest must have been eaten. At any rate I have these 7 eggs in a marine land breeder box with an air stone driven water cycle . My first Cory eggs! Adolfos are so cute!
Shane
Expert
My articles: 69
My images: 161
My catfish: 75
My cats species list: 4 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:4)
Spotted: 99
Location 1: Tysons
Location 2: Virginia

Re: My Adolfo cories spawned tonight!

Post by Shane »

Congrats. They are very fun to raise as well.
-Shane
"My journey is at an end and the tale is told. The reader who has followed so faithfully and so far, they have the right to ask, what do I bring back? It can be summed up in three words. Concentrate upon Uganda."
Winston Churchill, My African Journey
Mlou

Post by Mlou »

Thank you! I just found more this morning....so I guess I'll just keep finding them and putting them in the box. The eggs are easy to roll onto my finger. they are quite hard and easy to roll off to stick to the wall of the breeder box....hopefully these are good eggs. I am also amazed how big the eggs are given the size of the female corys laying these eggs. mike
Mlou

Post by Mlou »

Well I found a bunch of smaller eggs today.....I think they are the eggs of the small sized orange Venezuelans corydoras that I also have in this tank with the Adolfos. I just picked them from the Java moss and the side glass and put the eggs in the breeder box along with the bigger Adolfo eggs.....let’s see if anything hatches in a few days.....

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”