Where to find cories?

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
ol' reefer
Location 1: Bay Area, California

Where to find cories?

Post by ol' reefer »

Hi all,

I've gotten the itch to set up a small 15 gallon cory tank. The only problem I have so far is the lack of livestock in my area. The LFS I have visited are rather poorly stocked in terms of cories. Also, I'm not even sure if the species they have are even cories.

With that, does anyone have any idea where I could go, online or what not, for cories? Also, I live in the bay area of California.
Cartman
Location 1: MN, USA

Post by Cartman »

http://www.frybabies.com has a big selection. I recomend C. Davidsandsi there a personal favorite of mine. Otherwise http://www.Aquabid.com has a bunch of breeders auctioning off wild & F1. I know there's a few in CA. I'd Highly recommend checking out Ian's (Coryman) website prior to buying. The man is a Corydoras god.
SirHelm
Location 1: San Jose, CA USA

Post by SirHelm »

Hey,

I live in San Jose and have been to many many LFS throughout the bay area. The BEST place so far has been the dolphin pet village. See link: http://www.geocities.com/LFSinSFO/dolph ... llage.html (not the actual website but a very nice review with phone numbers and directions).

These guys usually have about 4 or 5 types of cories in stock. That is where I got my 6 3 lined cories!!

They get new fish in every wed as well.

Other than that I would suggest checking out the Petsmart and Petco LFS in the area. VERY HIT OR MISS with these guys but there is one on every corner!!.

What I do is just go to Yahoo yellow pages and search on Fish/pets. You will get most of the petstores around.

Re: Online, like Cartman said in his/her post.

You can also e-mail petemang54@aol.com he sells on aquabid under the alias Lottsofish.

He has a fish store in NYC and so far it has been great dealing with him (except for my poor hoplos dying..... which i had ordered... partially my fault)

If you need anything else PM me.

Thanks

SH
ol' reefer
Location 1: Bay Area, California

Post by ol' reefer »

Interesting. Thanks for the info all, I'll check them out :)
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 944
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Re: Where to find cories?

Post by Jools »

ol' reefer wrote:Also, I live in the bay area of California.
<mod> Well, why don't you put that in your profile? </mod>

Jools
SirHelm
Location 1: San Jose, CA USA

Post by SirHelm »

Just in case you didn't get the PM (hope this is okay to post... if not appologies in advance :oops: )

Hey I scoped out Dolphin pet village for you,

Here is what they have in regards to cories :

Gold Green Cats (Melenotia) 3.99 (all gone cuz I bought all 7 they had!!) :D

Sterbai 14.99 ea (Very nice specimens. Healthy and some nice colour)

Gold Striped (never heard of)14.99 ea

Barbatus 14.99 ea

Skunk Cat 3.99ea

Anaeus 2.99 ea

Metae (never heard of) 3.99 ea

Thanks

SH

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”