Pterobunocephalus dolichurus- Plan on getting some

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
catfishchaos
My cats species list: 35 (i:25, k:4)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:1)
My Wishlist: 1
Spotted: 14
Location 1: Halifax
Location 2: Nova scotia, Canada
Interests: Spearfishing, freediving, flyfishing, flytying, bowfishing, long boarding, archery, photography, reptiles, arachnids, catfish, cacti and succulents, exploration/travel, conservation and always acquiring more

Pterobunocephalus dolichurus- Plan on getting some

Post by catfishchaos »

Hello everyone!

Im planning a desktop sized tank (8.5 gallon Fluval "vista") and I think a pair of would be an awesome fish for the tank! It would be a species only tank and plants will be minimal (I'm think a small portion or Murdannia keisak and some floaters like Limnobium laevigatum). Only other decor will be sand for them to wriggle into. Diet would be blood worms and brine shrimp (frozen) and maybe some sinking Hikari pellets every now and then.

Does this sound good?
I can stop keeping catfish whenever I want. I just don't think I'll ever want to do that...
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 941
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Re: Pterobunocephalus dolichurus- Plan on getting some

Post by Jools »

Sounds perfect.

Jools
catfishchaos
My cats species list: 35 (i:25, k:4)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:1)
My Wishlist: 1
Spotted: 14
Location 1: Halifax
Location 2: Nova scotia, Canada
Interests: Spearfishing, freediving, flyfishing, flytying, bowfishing, long boarding, archery, photography, reptiles, arachnids, catfish, cacti and succulents, exploration/travel, conservation and always acquiring more

Re: Pterobunocephalus dolichurus- Plan on getting some

Post by catfishchaos »

Thanks Jools!

Ive been doing my homework on then and I am working on the "finding" part of things, not the most common of imports.

Any tips on telling These guys apart from P.depressus? I would be happy with either but i would like to be able to tell them apart!
I can stop keeping catfish whenever I want. I just don't think I'll ever want to do that...

Return to “South American Catfishes (Everything else)”