I am looking to add a couple of bichir to my tank, with the current stocking being a Synodontis notatus, a Synodontis decorus, two Mystus leucophasis, and a single Pterygoplichthys pardalis. The tank is currently kept at 76F, but bichir prefer it warming, and I would like to raise the temperature to 80F.
I notice that the notatus prefer a temp of around 78F as listed on their sheet here and on other sources. Is it possible for this species to live in 80F long term? If this will cause any stress to the fish, I do not wish to raise the temperature.
- Posts: 618
- Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:38 am
- I've donated: $20.00!
- My cats species list: 29 (i:5, k:6)
- My aquaria list: 3 (i:1)
- Location 2: Oakland, California
- Interests: catfish
- Posts: 309
- Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:14 pm
- My cats species list: 25 (i:1, k:17)
- My aquaria list: 5 (i:0)
- Location 1: Southampton
- Location 2: UK
- Interests: Sim racing; cycling (ideally not into the back of stationary dustbin lorries located on blind sweeping bends in wet weather, with rim brakes like chocolate teapots)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest