Liobagrus Andersoni Project?

All posts regarding the care and breeding of catfishes from Asia.
shrimpkeeper222
My cats species list: 5 (i:3, k:0)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:2)
Location 1: South Korea
Location 2: Earth
Interests: Fish Keeping, Shrimp Keeping, Logic Problem solving, Minecraft, Bird Watching

Liobagrus Andersoni Project?

Post by shrimpkeeper222 »

I took an interest in Korean catfishes even more recently, and decided for a project. The species that I can purchase, and isnt OVERLY big is the Liobagrus Andersoni. I have seen wild specimen while night fishing in mountain streams, and is aware of its need for HIGH oxygenation. I personally think this species has not been viewed and researched as much as it should have been. Other liobagrus.sp are becoming endangered because of pollution and habitat destruction it seems. So, do u think it is worth it to get a set up done for research? I think a 20 gallon tank might do-gonna have to make some space by cleaning up, plus get cooler and power filter. And feeding-should I feed it frozen bloodworms, or are they too small? And is this species worth researching, since this is done for a scientific purpose. I could try a species of loach or liobagrus mediadiposalis if this isnt gonna work out.
Im up for a challenge-hopefully my parents will allow me :D.
Bee Shrimp will be shrimp!
RCS(Red Cherry Shrimp) are CS(Cherry Shrimp)!
A man o' shrimps keeps amano shrimps!
tomgiammarco
My articles: 1
My images: 13
My catfish: 2
My cats species list: 2 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 9
Location 1: Jeonju, South Korea
Location 2: Jeonju, South Korea
Interests: Freshwater aquaria, Korean film history,

Re: Liobagrus Andersoni Project?

Post by tomgiammarco »

I have kept them and other Liobagrus species. High oxygen content and good water flow are key. Plants are unimportant put a number of large stones and a fairly deep bed of fine gravel are needed. The fish excavate their own burrows under large rocks and are not interested in pre-made caves or pipes.

Mine loved frozen bloodworms. They were the perfect size. They can also take small chopped earthworms and mosquito larvae. However, feed right before you turn off their lights. You will almost never see them in the day once they have constructed their burrows. That is the reason I stopped raising them. The tank looked empty most of the time as the fish remained hidden.
shrimpkeeper222
My cats species list: 5 (i:3, k:0)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:2)
Location 1: South Korea
Location 2: Earth
Interests: Fish Keeping, Shrimp Keeping, Logic Problem solving, Minecraft, Bird Watching

Re: Liobagrus Andersoni Project?

Post by shrimpkeeper222 »

So, loaches are better?
Bee Shrimp will be shrimp!
RCS(Red Cherry Shrimp) are CS(Cherry Shrimp)!
A man o' shrimps keeps amano shrimps!

Return to “Asian Catfishes”