Mystus tengara compatibility

All posts regarding the care and breeding of catfishes from Asia.
Weirder_weird
My cats species list: 15 (i:3, k:0)
My Wishlist: 7
Spotted: 7
Location 1: Bengal, India
Location 2: Kolkata
Interests: sisorid cats

Mystus tengara compatibility

Post by Weirder_weird »

Hi all... As you know from my previous post my sisorid catfish die off was the worst possible thing to happen. So i plan on converting the tank to a bare bottom tank (perhaps with potted plants or a little island of plants). Question is, can I release a trip of mystus tengara or mystus carcio to this setup? As it is very catfish-less and hence a tragic landscape. Will they eat my white clouds?
piggy4
My images: 3
Spotted: 1
Location 2: manchester

Re: Mystus tengara compatibility

Post by piggy4 »

I have a group of Mystus Tengara/Vittatus ?and they are in with some smallish Barbs ! the problem with White Clouds is they are quite slim whereas Barbs are deeper so I'd be a bit wary of that combination .
One thing I have found with the Tengara /Vittatus ? is they aren't too aggressive which is always a bonus but most if not all fish will eat stuff small enough to fit easily into their mouths .
If you end up getting Mystus carcio then the W Cs could be okay because Carcio isn't as large as Tengara/Vittatus .
My tanks are quite well structured with large stones cobbles and a lot of Beech wood which is definitely appreciated by the Mystus as they can rest in relative peace .

Return to “Asian Catfishes”