Hara review

For the discussion of catfish systematics. Post here to draw our attention to new publications or to discuss existing works.
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 884
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 419
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Hara review

Post by Silurus »

Ng, HH & M Kottelat, 2007. A review of the catfish genus Hara, with the description of four new species (Siluriformes: Erethistidae). Revue Suisse de Zoologie 114: 471–505.
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 884
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 419
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »

Hara sp. (1) in the Cat-eLog is Hara mesembrina and Hara maesotensis in the Cat-eLog is Hara minuscula.
worton[pl]
My images: 2
My cats species list: 11 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:2)
Spotted: 1
Location 1: Lublin, Poland
Location 2: Warsaw, Poland
Interests: catfishes, motorcycles

Post by worton[pl] »

Hey Silurus,

will be PDF available?

Regards.
Like a true nature's child
We were born, born to be wild
We can climb so high
I never wanna die

Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Steppenwolf, Born to Be Wild
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 944
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

Silurus wrote:Hara sp. (1) in the Cat-eLog is Hara mesembrina and Hara maesotensis in the Cat-eLog is Hara minuscula.
Changes made today alongside our new Hara CotM from Adrian.

Cheers,

Jools
Rais
Location 2: Faisalabad

Re: Hara review

Post by Rais »

Hara new spp.,

Following 4 species are described in the paper “A review of the catfish genus Hara, with the description of four new species (Siluriformes: Erethistidae)” by Heok Hee NG & Maurice KOTTELAT.

Hara longissima Ng & Kottelat, 2007 sp. nov.
Hara mesembrina Ng & Kottelat, 2007 sp. nov.
Hara minuscula Ng & Kottelat, 2007 sp. nov.
Hara spinulus Ng & Kottelat, 2007 sp. nov.

PDF available.

Rais
+++
Rais
Location 2: Faisalabad

Post by Rais »

A review of the catfish genus Hara, with the description of four new species (Siluriformes: Erethistidae). – “Species of the erethistid catfish genus Hara are reviewed in this study. Eight species are recognized: Hara filamentosa, H. hara, H. horai, H. jerdoni, H. longissima, H. mesembrina, H. minuscula, and H. spinulus, of which the latter four are described as new herein. Erethistes maesotensis is a junior synonym of Hara filamentosa, and H. saharsai and H. serrata junior synonyms of H. hara. A neotype is designated for H. filamentosa Blyth, 1860 and a lectotype is designated for Hara horai Misra, 1976.”
Heok Hee NG & Maurice KOTTELAT. Revue Suisse De Zoologie 114 (3): 471-505; September 2007.

Rais
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 944
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

Rais wrote:A review of the catfish genus Hara, with the description of four new species (Siluriformes: Erethistidae). – “Species of the erethistid catfish genus Hara are reviewed in this study. Eight species are recognized: Hara filamentosa, H. hara, H. horai, H. jerdoni, H. longissima, H. mesembrina, H. minuscula, and H. spinulus, of which the latter four are described as new herein. Erethistes maesotensis is a junior synonym of Hara filamentosa, and H. saharsai and H. serrata junior synonyms of H. hara. A neotype is designated for H. filamentosa Blyth, 1860 and a lectotype is designated for Hara horai Misra, 1976.”
Heok Hee NG & Maurice KOTTELAT. Revue Suisse De Zoologie 114 (3): 471-505; September 2007.
Rais,

I'd suggest that posting, some time after publication, the abstract from a paper already noted isn't really necessary. One of the moderator team has deleted several such posts from the "venomous catfishes" thread. Although not specifically defined anywhere, the general purpose of this forum is to report new publications.

You are also likely not aware that the forum user Silurus is Heok Hee Ng, so your posts are also a superfluous from that point of view too - although I accept you weren't to know.

Jools

Return to “Taxonomy & Science News”