crab eggs and fish eggs

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
andyC
My cats species list: 12 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: northeast
Location 2: northeast uk
Interests: i keep bristle noise cat fish and i also breed corydoras cat fish bronze and paleatus which are all breeding at the moment

crab eggs and fish eggs

Post by andyC »

i can get my hands on some crab eggs and some fish eggs (soft roe)
would these be ok to feed to plecs they have not been in brine or vinegar
the crab eggs have been boiled and the fish eggs (soft roe)are still raw
just because a tank looks clean it doesn't
mean its safe
pleco_breeder
My articles: 2
My cats species list: 17 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Arizona
Interests: breeding plecos and corys

Re: crab eggs and fish eggs

Post by pleco_breeder »

I don't know about feeding them to plecos, but should be alright in moderation. I used to keep the eggs from anything I caught on fishing trips to feed to my fish that evening when I got home. Most things conditioned rather well on them. My only caveat would be not to overfeed with these. Any that are left fungus and cloud the water rather quickly.

Larry
Impossible only means that somebody hasn't done it correctly yet.
andyC
My cats species list: 12 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: northeast
Location 2: northeast uk
Interests: i keep bristle noise cat fish and i also breed corydoras cat fish bronze and paleatus which are all breeding at the moment

Re: crab eggs and fish eggs

Post by andyC »

pleco_breeder wrote:I don't know about feeding them to plecos, but should be alright in moderation. I used to keep the eggs from anything I caught on fishing trips to feed to my fish that evening when I got home. Most things conditioned rather well on them. My only caveat would be not to overfeed with these. Any that are left fungus and cloud the water rather quickly.

Larry
:-BD cheers great bit of info
just because a tank looks clean it doesn't
mean its safe

Return to “Tank Talk”