My images: 884
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 419
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Planet Catfish Announcement: 2 June 2006

Post by Silurus »

It should be summer but here in the UK is feels a bit on the chilly side still even though itâ??s June! Never mind the weather and the typically British habit of discussing it, it soon be the start of the world cup and thatâ??s just great â?? I canâ??t wait. In the meantime and indeed for those of you who really couldnâ??t care less, weâ??ve been adding quite a few new things to your favourite catfish site this month.

Firstly there is Heok Heeâ??s new catfish of the month on the delightful Highway Catfish, . June also is the first full month that sees the new version of the Cat-eLog pages out of beta and into production. While weâ??ve not gone for it 100%, large sections of the Cat-eLog are now pulled from an online database and it can do a lot more than version 1 which had been with us since 1997 or thereabouts. Expect more additions to this over the next month too.

Aside from that, weâ??ve Rupert Collinsâ?? new article on the basics of aquarium water chemistry too and a very interesting picture of the good old bronze Cory owned by fellow Scot Colin Dunlop and special in that, in contrast to virtually all other pictures of this species you see online, this one is of a fish and from the original place of discovery of the species, the tropical island of Trinidad. On that subject and to round this announcement off nicely, of course, we wish the Trinidad and Tobago team all the best in the world cup too.

Enjoy the football / soccer!

Return to “Site Announcements”