My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My aquaria list: 21 (i:13)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

7th March 2011 - My cats species switch feature

Post by Jools »

All~

Something we've been meaning to add for a long time, is now online. In each users "My Cats" list is a feature to change what species you've identified your fish as. It is common for newer users to add fishes and then, later on, work out they're actually something different. In the past, you then had to remove that species entry and replace it (and associated data) with the new, correct ID. This could also happen when new scientific names are created as well.

So, now, you just click on the icon (Image) and, voila!, you select the new identify of your fish and you're all set.

No excuses now for all those incorrectly identified and and in your lists! :-)

Jools

PS Thanks to MatsP who finished off the substantive piece of this work.

[Mod edit: Edit subject title to avoid needing time machine to finish the work last month --Mats]
MatsP
My articles: 4
My images: 28
My cats species list: 117 (i:33, k:0)
My aquaria list: 10 (i:8)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:97)
Spotted: 187
Location 1: North of Cambridge
Location 2: England.

Re: 7th February 2011 - My cats species switch feature

Post by MatsP »

It is worth noting that the point where "a new scientific name is created", you only really need to do something when there is a "split" in a species, so that what used to be known as a single species is split into multiple new species.

If we decide to follow some new scientific literature that changes species X to species Y, all of the "my cats" keepers of species X will automatically be updated to species Y.

--
Mats

Return to “Site Announcements”