Bristlenose

All posts regarding the care and breeding of catfishes from other parts of the world (North America, Europe and Australia). If you don't know where your catfish is from, post a query in the identification category.
Mia23
Location 1: Australia
Location 2: Sydney

Bristlenose

Post by Mia23 »

my bristlenose had some fry a couple of weeks ago, I noticed this when I was cleaning the tank (there was about 10 fry that I saw and I left them to be in their cave with daddy and took mummy out into a different tank.
A month has passed and I am waiting for the fry to come out and still nothing, I lifted up the cave and there were no fry's. I have no idea what happened to my fry. There were some black eggs in there (my partner said these were snail eggs but I think they were more fry).
My partner thinks the fry died but I didn't see any dead fry in the tank, I didn't see any fry what so ever and just a month ago I saw the little buggers swimming around but then went into the cave and never came out again.
anyone have experience with this or breeding bristlenose?
Aquaticus
My cats species list: 7 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 2 (i:0)
My BLogs: 1 (i:1, p:38)
Location 1: Middleton, Wisconsin
Location 2: United States

Re: Bristlenose

Post by Aquaticus »

I'm sorry to say that they probably died. There can be quite a bit of mortality when bristlenose fry are young. In order to insure survival, you'll need to keep a ready supply of food in there for them. Slices of zucchini, cucumber, or other vegetables for them to browse on. Bristlenose eggs are large and yellow, so the black eggs were probably something else.
eesocialworld
Location 1: eesocialworld
Location 2: eesocialworld

Post by eesocialworld »

till the activity was pretty done, and the footwear stood equipped to be used upon the desk. this become long before dawn; and then they bustled away as short as lightning.
voip phone
Last edited by eesocialworld on 18 Feb 2021, 02:18, edited 1 time in total.
fishguy1978
My cats species list: 31 (i:26, k:21)
My aquaria list: 8 (i:7)
My BLogs: 2 (i:1, p:73)
My Wishlist: 1
Spotted: 36
Location 1: Puget Sound
Location 2: WA
Interests: Fish. I have multiple aquariums with fish from S.A, C.A., Africa, and Asia.

Post by fishguy1978 »

What else is house with your bristlenose? Can you post a picture of the aquarium? The fry would have left the cave after a few weeks and could be hiding elsewhere in the aquarium.
Did you say “CATFISH!?” I’m in.

Return to “Other Catfishes”