Corydoras - Not as identified

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
Booie
Location 1: Stafford
Location 2: United Kingdom

Corydoras - Not as identified

Post by Booie »

Hi,
These were identified as one thing on the stock list but I'm not really sure exactly what they are. Any ideas?
IMG_4298.JPG
Cheers
catfishchaos
My cats species list: 35 (i:25, k:4)
My aquaria list: 7 (i:6)
My Wishlist: 1
Spotted: 14
Location 1: Halifax
Location 2: Nova scotia, Canada
Interests: Spearfishing, freediving, flyfishing, flytying, bowfishing, long boarding, archery, photography, reptiles, arachnids, catfish, cacti and succulents, exploration/travel, conservation and always acquiring more

Re: Corydoras - Not as identified

Post by catfishchaos »

Alright I am not a cory person (not that I don't like them, I just haven't really worked with them. After going through the Cat-elog a few times I can confidently say theres a 28% chance they might be one of these...

Hopefully somebody who actually knows a thing or two about Cories chimes in but until then I hope this helps!
I can stop keeping catfish whenever I want. I just don't think I'll ever want to do that...
nvcichlids
My images: 6
My cats species list: 44 (i:3, k:0)
My aquaria list: 11 (i:8)
My BLogs: 6 (i:4, p:279)
Spotted: 2
Location 1: Milwaukee, WI
Location 2: Waimate, New Zealand

Post by nvcichlids »

I'm more curious with soo many similar species if all the fish received are the same, or if maybe you have 2-3 of those species listed above.
What's your favorite Dressing~~
Karsten S.
My images: 30
Spotted: 20
Location 1: Ludwigsburg - Germany
Location 2: Ludwigsburg - Germany

Post by Karsten S. »

Hi,

the picture is not ideal for ID'ing and there are lots of options with similar pattern.
Do you have any idea of their origin ?
What was the name on the stock list ?
catfishchaos wrote:After going through the Cat-elog a few times I can confidently say theres a 28% chance they might be one of these...

If the picture is not completely misleading it's a member of the punctatus group (short snouted cory).
Therefore C. delphax can be 100% excluded. C. leucomelas can be excluded as well due to pattern.
CW027 (C 154) I would also rather exclude.
I'm not convinced that it's any of the numbers proposed but for some we just don't really know how variable these forms actually are. And there are more options than listed above.
Without catching location this will be not more than fishing in troubled water...

Cheers
--

Karsten
Booie
Location 1: Stafford
Location 2: United Kingdom

Post by Booie »

I have some more information on these now. Unfortunately I don't have a better picture but I can confirm they are from Columbia.

Thanks for the help so far. Due to the Columbia link I was leaning towards CW027 but they seem rather rare!

Return to “What is my catfish?”